Procedural Metal Texture

Blender 2.91.2
Renderer: EEVEE
Hi guys. I am a noob in the node editor setup. I have been working on a car modelling personal projects and wanted to test out the metal material. I am trying to make keep it procedural to allow ease of use across multiple objects.

Can you please guide me towards improving it. I am trying to take on a realistic approach for the materials.
Thanks in Advance

what kind of effects are you looking for ?

your images are too small upload larger ones
so we can see the details

happy bl

You can click on the image again and it will be viewable…

Hmm…yes, we need to know in what direction you are heading…what do you want your final result to look like.
Your Brushed aluminum/metal is looking nice!!
One quick suggestion…add-in Texture Coordinate and Mapping nodes, and then you can use either Object or Generated to control how it is applied… that will help with the geometry artifacts in the polar regions of the mesh…

1 Like

there are other grunge nodes available
have to check if it can work in EEVEE

let us know if you want other nodes set up
for grunges or sratches ect,

note:
got the image now
sorry i miss the double click on image !

happy bl

Thanks for the reply @RickyBlender @RSEhlers.
Currently I’ve come up with this texture while searching for solutions in the meantime

As you can see I tried applying the material on the object I am actually working on (tyre rim). I’ve swapped the brick texture with noise texture and added mapping and texture coordinates.
I would appreciate your review on it. And as I’ve already stated I want the brushed metal (regardless of type) to look realistic.

check out these

happy bl

1 Like