Procedural Town with Geometry Nodes

Hello everyone!

This is a simple personal project I’ve been working on for a while now; mainly to learn geometry nodes.

Some still renders:

From zero to… :smiley:

The town is largely inspired by Cartagena, a Colombian town…the idea was to capture the beauty that comes with the different coloured buildings and the many flowers in the town, but of course with lots of artistic liberty!

Everything is pretty much procedural, apart from the props which were all hand-modelled and, the top trim and white wall which were Megascan assets https://quixel.com/megascans.
All textures are unique textures apart from the walls, roof tiles and stone path which are all procedural textures.
Might as well add in some quick renders of the individual props. :smiley:

So many thanks to @lone_noel and @zeroskilz for helping in creating an amazing geo nodes group; Fit Instances On Faces.

Lots of thanks to a great friend who provided lots of feedback and support while working on this project @sozap!

This was extremely fun and challenging, as it was painful :smiley:, for me but I hope you all enjoy it!
Thank you!

58 Likes

great work !

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It all comes together so well, fantastic work.

1 Like

Thanks! Definitely took some time.

Amazing. Any chance in sharing the project file?

1 Like

that’s wonderull! Very nice artwork!

1 Like

Great work! Is there a work-in-progress topic where I can read more about the feedback and this node group you mention? Might be educational to me.

1 Like

@Meshmonkey Thank you! I created a WIP topic but didn’t follow through…but the Fit Instances to Faces node group is sort of explained here:

Other than that…I could help by answering any specific questions that you may have about the project.

@Jeff_Lordan Thank you! I’m still not exactly sure how to share the entire file and given the size of the assets; nonetheless, I’m still polishing up most of the things…

Thank you Alex!

2 Likes

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Incredible work ! :star_struck:
I’d be curious to see how it works.

1 Like

Looks great! Groovy little tune too. I love seeing what can be done with geo nodes. I have not taken that plunge yet myself!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

Thank you Stephane! Here’s a sort of short video showing that…not the best but it shows how the whole thing works…

Thanks Karl! You should definitely give it a try…there are countless possibilities with geo nodes!

1 Like