Project 7722486 27677

The city is almost finished and all I need to do is to create another district on the north/northeastern part of town and I’m done with it for now.

So I tried giving taking a swing on weapon creation. I kept thinking of a possible weapon for Quantum Emeral and I thought of a Chakram. Inspired by the Tron Legacy Disc, I made the Quantum Slicer.

So after my month long stint trying to creating a guide for my male facial characters, I decided to reboot one of my main characters, Raiden Showtaro. There was something about his face that just didn’t set with me after all these years. So after going back and creating a topology guide for myself here is my result.

I’m process of creating a hair wig for him by studying a character from Soul Calibur 4 in order to create the hair that I want for him.

Decided to add on to this update by posting a picture showing Raiden with some hair on his head. I’m almost done with that part.

Now I need to create the 2nd layer of hair.

Back with a update with the hair.

Just need to create some strands for the back of his head.

Out of all the versions I made, the picture that I am about to post is the best version of Raiden I made so far.

Decided to bring some color to his eyes to make it come alive. Once again, any ideas to improve on polygon hair, let me know.

Worked on this shirt last night. Didn’t get a chance to texture it yet, but I’m thinking adding some seams to the shirt.

I’ll post a update on this shirt before I move on to the pants.

So I was able to create these pair of pants.

They could use some improvements. Any ideas on how to make them better, swing them my way.

Good job. Keep going. I like how you are not trying to make the models very detailed, so you can move along at a brisk pace and start animating.

Thanks. Since I don’t have the necessary manpower or processing power for this series, I might as well do as much as I can without bogging my PC down.

The progress of Raiden Showtaro continues as I have now added new shoes for his feet. Actually, it’s just 1 shoe, but I will give it the other shoe when I have completed his left shoe. This is what I got so far.

So far it’s a bland looking shoe. I’m planning on adding a few details in it to give it some life. I’ll post another picture later on today.

So for the past 13 hours, I was trying to get the hairstyle for Raiden and I really don’t like the way it turned out.

I need to get an idea on how I want it to look and any one have any ideas on getting that parted hair style, please send it my way.

So after a couple of days and a few of catch ups, I finally finished modeling Raiden.

And now I am on the process of going through part 2 of the process, rigging. Since I already had a armature from the last file I had on him I just need to perform the transfer and 90 percent of that will be complete. The other ten will consist of creating shape keys for facial expressions and phonemes. Part 3 will consist of animation and creating a transformation sequence. Hopefully it can all be done before Christmas Eve.

So I was working on the shape keys of my characters and afterwards decided to make a couple of faces.

I will admit that it was a very good exercise using the tutorial I downloaded in the past. Let me know what to think of it.

So after tackling the shape keys, dealing with parenting and the weight paint issues on my character, I finally can move on remaking the Quantum Power Suit. I decided to recreate the helmet for Quantum Sapphire because the original looked way too busy for me after trying to tackling it the first time around. For those who doesn’t want to go back and see what it looked like before, here’s the picture.

As hard as the effort I placed into this helmet, I felt that it taxed me on how much detail I can go into it. I wanted to look as detailed as possible but that took me over 1 1/2 weeks to finish the thing! It was ready for animation but as I went ahead and created Quantum Emeral, I somehow improved on the helmet design with some help of a couple of models as a reference when I was researching online.

But enough of the past. Here’s the progress on Quantum Sapphire’s helmet now.

Of course, it hasn’t been textured yet. I’m in the final steps of finalizing the helmet design.

Attachments

After spending all day trying to get it together, the modeling portion of the Quantum Sapphire Helmet. So now, I will UV texture it tomorrow. Afterwards, I will be completing the rest of the armor.

Another update on the helmet. Decided to smooth it out.

So I decided to texture the helmet this evening, but I felt that something was missing at this point. I was thinking that I lacked more color on this mesh, but at the same time I wanted to achieve a sense of balance when texturing the helmet. Perhaps things would look better if I give it a bit more shine to the helmet…

I was messing with the Mirror Reflecting Settings to get the right kind of shine without over doing it and it still feels a bit off… Perhaps, it could use a bit more color to the helmet.

I decided to leave the helmet alone for now and work on the 2nd most difficult part of the character, the chest plate.
Now the chest plate I had before was good, but due to the amount of lines running through, it looked detailed but very busy. So I decided to remake it to give it a much calmer look. After searching and using the Mass Effect Male Shepard armor as a reference, this is my end result.

I also took the time to change the color of the gem. That object alone has 2 materials that I can change between at any time. I might have to find away to incorporate that into my project. Now that part is done, all I need to make is the shoulder guards, protection for the legs and arms and texture them. Then, it’s onwards to the UV Mapping and my most challenging part yet weapon creation!