Project 7722486 27677

So I appended the most recently created helmet and recreated the armor again. I actually like the way it looks now, but I might have to UV map it later.

Currently working on the script for Episode 1. After it’s done I’ll create some more characters, draw them out and model them. Still need of buildings for the city scene.

I’m back again. Here’s is the recent photo for the Quantum Power Suit.

I changed the boots and I need to create a UV Texture for the model.

So far I’m almost done with creating the Quantum Gems for this project. This is what I have created so far.

Still looking for a gemstone cut for a ruby that I want to add.

So I was working on one of my characters and just when I was finished with the head, I saw some thing that was off. Now keep in mind that my technique was to make the head look more anime-ish in design.

So I open the file a second time before I started to work on it and saved two images.

That’s what I drew.

That’s what she looks like now…

And that’s after I size her eye sockets more to cover the face. So I would like your input on this situation. I’ll be watching the forums from time to time so see any comments on this part.

For the past 3 days, I decided to create the newest member to my Super Sentai team.
I wanted for a helmet that resembles a knight helm. I haven’t captured it yet, but I"m close to it. I also had some difficulty creating the female armor but the suit alone is far from complete.

I have to add the Gauntlets, the Upper Leg Protectors and texture the armor. I have the pictures to the lower parts of the body which I will post on the next message.

Here’s the other picture that I have for the lower part of the body.
I will admit that I should have taken a better shot at this part of the body. So I will post another picture on the next update.

So The past hour I decided to take a crack at making the helmet again. And after watching a episode 2 of Oh-Ranger (Japanese Power Rangers Zeo Counterpart.) I finally understand how the shape of it conforms around the helmet visor. Of course, it’s incomplete. But when its finished, I can apply the concept 4 more times.

Today, I’ve made some progress in character development with Eveyln Catcher. I completed the hair a week and a half ago. For some reason, I haven’t captured the hairstyle I was aiming for. If only I can remember what hair style that was I could get a better idea on how to make it…

I was able to complete the helmet today. Unfortunately, when I applied some textures to the helmet it looked like a cyclopean frog.

I’m going to have to work on the color scheme on the helmet for that character.

very nice. it’s been cool to see who this project is progressing.

Yeah, but I’ve been stuck in character development since day 1. I would like to do more animation, but I’m just so spread out working on a script, creating environmental sets, dealing with special effects and every thing else. In fact, the only animation that showed up the way I wanted was the title screen that I made for the project. That’s the only decent animation I’ve done already.

In between modeling my characters, 2 weeks a go, I developed a script for episode 1 of my series. This post is going to be a long one so you might want to get yourself something to drink.

Episode 1: A New Dawn
Scene: Raiden’s House
The sun slowly rises across Cetra as a new day begins as it already done in the years past. As the light shines over a neighborhood in the suburbs of this city, it peeks through the filter created by the blinds of the young man’s window. The room receives its light casting many shadows on the wall as the clock ticks by on the far side of the room. As the face of that time piece soaks in the light, the sound of the alarm goes off as it performs its standard and simple duty.
Raiden: Ugh… Ugh… Alright. Alright. I’m up already.
Elena: Raiden, I’ll have your breakfast ready in five minutes. So don’t waddle! You don’t want to be late for school like last time!
Raiden: Okay, mom. I’ll be down there in a minute! I get up and do the same old routine day after day and for what? Just another boring day I have to suffer through. (Sigh) Again…
Ten minutes later, he comes downstairs sliding on the rails to the level below and walks into the kitchen for breakfast. His younger sister, Jessie was already eating her cereal at the table. His father, Reginald was reading the news on a Data tablet when he saw his son walk in.
Reginald: Finally made it down stairs, son! For a moment, I thought you lost your appetite.
Raiden: Nope! You know me. I can never turn down a home cooked meal.
Jessie: Mom, is it okay for me to play with my friends after school today?
Elena: You know the deal. You have to do your homework first before you do anything else.
Jessie: Okay, mom.
Reginald: Oh, yes that reminds me! Someone’s having a birthday pretty soon and so I have to ask the birthday boy what are your plans for that day?
Raiden stopped eating for a moment and looked at his father as he tries to come up with an answer.
Raiden: I don’t have the slightest clue, dad.
Reginald: Aw, come on! You got to have something that you want to for that special day! I remember when I was a kid growing up, my parents always had a cook-out for my birthday every year. (Inhales deeply) I can still smell the sweet scent of my dad’s special sauce after he takes the meat off the grill…
Raiden: As much I would like to go down memory lane with you, dad. I got to get going before I’m late.
Elena: Oh yes. That reminds me. I went down to the repair shop yesterday and your hover board is fixed.
Try not to damage it like you did last time, please?
Raiden: Will do! Got to go! See you later!
Jessie: Bye!
Reginald: Be careful and think about that birthday of yours!

Raiden went to the garage and saw the blue round metallic disc mounted to a wall. As he takes it off and lays it on the ground, the metallic disc stretches out to its full length as he opens the garage door. The morning had a crisp feel outside as he looks beyond his yard. As he puts on his helmet and pads, he steps on the board as it powers up.
Raiden: It’s been too long since I rode this thing. I hope I didn’t get rusty since the last time I rode it.
Pushing along with his left foot, the board starts to pick up speed as the board lifts over the asphalt.

Scene: City Streets
With the wind in his face, he travels through the turns of the neighborhood and into the city streets 15 minutes later. Traveling though the bustling and busy city streets, he looks around to avoid traffic. He looks up and sees the gargantuan tower reaching the sky. As soon as he looks back on the road, he sees an approaching truck coming towards him. Reacting quickly to the oncoming danger, he jumps with his board, rides of the side of the truck, and makes a sharp turn around the corner.
Raiden: Whew! That was close! That would’ve been the highlight of my day. Tonight at 6, a young teen becomes a human pancake after hit by a semi!
He decides to make a take a short cut through a nearby park as the terrain below transforms from stone to the lush greenery provided by the grass. The birds chirping through the trees as he rolls over the hilly landscape. Something catches his eye as he sees a hooded old woman walking fast with her cane. She turns around to make sure that she’s far away from the ones who were pursing her.
Raiden looks behind her and finally sees who involved with the chase. A group of six armored beings were chasing after her when she trips on the ground and a gem falls out of her hands. He moves over towards the woman and stops in front of the small mob.
Astonished to see the young man to come to her aid, she looked on to see what’s happening through her hood.
Raiden: Hey! How could you attack this defenseless old woman? More importantly what’s with the getup? Don’t you have something better to do? Holy crap, I sound just like my mother…
Knight 2: Stand aside, pheasant! Thy presence is not welcome here.
Raiden stretches his hand out guarding the old woman as he stands his ground.
Raiden: After seeing you fools chasing her around this place, I just made it my business!
Knight 1: You knave! How dare you insult us?! Fellow knights, we must defend our honor and remove this retch from out sight!
Raiden: I got to make this quick! I don’t want to be late for class!
The first knight went in for an attack and Raiden dodged it making him miss hit target. The second one stared to throw punches and Raiden blocks every single one of their attacks. On the last punch, Raiden dodges underneath and flips him over.
Raiden: Is that all you guys have?
The remaining 4 looks at each other and they attacked him at once. One by one they all fall towards the ground. They all get up from the ground with their egos bruised.
Knight 1: You just made yourself an enemy of the Empire! You haven’t seen the last of us!
They quickly faded away from sight leaving him alone in the park.
Raiden: Now since that part is over with…
He turns around to check with the old woman only to find out that he was alone in the park once more.
Confused, he looks around to see where she went. A flash of glint appeared from the ground as he walked over and picked up a sapphire gem. As he examines it, a little alarm goes off on his watch. He looks at his watch to realize that it just reached the top of top of the hour.
Raiden: Aw, crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! I’m late for school!
Quickly pocketing the gem, he hops on his board in a frantic rush to school.

Due to the limit of the post, I have to break this up in three sections.

Wow man, everything is looking good. Keep it up!

Well for a one man production crew, there are certain things that can hinder progress. Especially when your lacking a team to speed things along.

I’d say you should look at some references and set a unit you can use to get the proper proportions inside of Blender, some of those furnitures look very off-proportion, also it wouldnt hurt adding some subdivision to them, at the moment they look very blocky and sharp. And when it comes to the couch, it looks very stale and hard, I’d suggest you add some wrinkles and soften up the shape of it. As for the characters they look decent, but looking at some more references wouldnt hurt. And maybe check out some topology tutorials for more easily animated characters.

I was working on the hair one of my characters today and after I created the general shape of the hair for Evelyn…

Currently, I’m at a lost on where I can place the strands on her head according to the picture. I’m currently looking at any possible references that I can use to add some of the bangs to her hair line.

After many many weeks working on this character, I can officially say that Quantum Emeral is complete!

It took me a while to actually texture the thing in Gimp as I was figuring out the color scheme of the helmet. I am satisfied with the current design and colors of the helmet. So for now, I need to work on my animation skills with Quantum Emeral and hope if I can become a better animator. If I can’t get that across that bridge, then what will be the point of it all, right?

Today, I have a update on the Quantum Slider, the personal vehicle for the Quantum Knights. I was aiming for a high tech shield shaped vehicle and now I got the look I was going for.

Now that I got that of the way, I got to get some animation done.

Day in and day out, I’ve poured a lot of hours into making this city block by city block. And now I having a hard dilemma. I’m making the city, but I don’t want it to make it look big. So pretty soon, I will have to end the expansion of the city.

I finally created the 5th gem for my series. I just may make a 6th one, but I have no idea on what shape it’s going to look like. So I’ll place it on the back burner for now.