Project Hina

Meet Hina, she’s the first character that I rigged and tried to animate. As of now she only have basic rig but I will improve it in the future.
The rig is custom rig and all animation is manually keyframed in Blender.

Sculpted in ZBrush, textured in Substance, Marvelous for the cloth, and the rest is Blender.

91 Likes

Very good job!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

wow beautiful!

absolutely fantastic work all around! looking forward to your future updates

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much Bart!

Looks Amazing! I questined if it was a real pic at first!

Usually when a realistic model starts moving you see it’s 3D, but in this case the animation didn’t do that nearly as much as it usually does.

A very nice result !!!
The face animation is also very natural.
But the handheld camera animation seems a little bit artificial to me - (too smooth, too repetitive).

Great portrait! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks! I used noise to make the camera look like hand held, the problem is you can’t keyframe the strength. So it’s hard for me to make it more rough.

Yes, that’s correct.
But by sliding the Scale, the Strength, the Offset, the Phase, the Depth and the Influence in the Modifiers tab (N) of the Graph Editor, you can change éverything in the Noise modifier. Maybe give it a try …

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yup! On this one I tried to use the influence to make the strength stronger at first then lesser strength on middle to end. What I want to achieve is to create some stronger strength not just on the first but some parts in the middle too and the only way I found is through influence so that means I need to create a lot of noise modifiers for this. It would be easy if I could just keyframe the noise strength. But I’m still experimenting.

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow thank you Bart! Appreciate it.

1 Like

This is amazing!!!

Beautiful work and expression feeling.

Well done :+1:

1 Like

Did you only use blender for animation and lighting - rendering?

Yes! The animation is manually keyframed in Blender, the custom rig is made in Blender too. The lighting is just an HDRI with a little post-processing in a video editor software.

1 Like

Nice model. I tried some post processing…