Proxify a Proxy system for Blender

Thank you sir!!!

Oh man, that’s an awesome question!

1 Like

I have no idea, you may try it?
The whole point of proxify is to have a proxy system without Linking anything.
As for animation it’s a bonus, Proxify is primordially for environment art/archviz

1 Like

Yes i understand, my guess it will work just fine even if its linked. :slight_smile:

Awesome addon work for me in 2.82. Thanks

1 Like

is there a way to turn proxies off of the linked objects?

hope you dont mind if i suggest
ui proposal for ( " Object proxy generation " )

slider will change depending on selected tab ( decimate Hull Geo Bounding )
after you setup all the setting slider press the Proxify Button

thank you for creating this addon

1 Like

YES YES YES YES! :smiley: I am very happy to see this!! I was doing this in a more complicated manner using collections but a dedicated proxy system is exactly what I was wishing for. Just because of this I am getting your scatter product! to support somehow :smiley:

@MatsuikoHiroka It is just my opinion, but I think its actually nice that the proxify option is in the obejct tab and not in the sidebar. With each addon the sidebar grows and gets messy and such fuction is key in any bigger project or production, so its cool it has its dedicated place.

Btw, Proxify will be replaced by Lodify this weekend.
It will be much more nicer

https://twitter.com/dorianborremans/status/1252243769006620672?s=21

6 Likes

awesome!! Looking forward to it! I can test it in some crazy big scenes :smiley:

1 Like

Saw your post on twitter. That LOD function is so nice, I know this from a different render enfine I use. Sort has same function. It weird at first, but really helps when moving around huge scenes.

One question, this LOD sort of makes proxify addon not need I gues right or is this some sort of a different approach of that?

Lodify is officially available right now

6 Likes

Quick ques - Does Lodify still have the proxy generation tools like Proxify did? Am I missing them?

Thanks!

Nope I drop them for now, shall I reintroduce them ?

1 Like

It would be awesome to have proxy generation! Do you think is possible to integrate this with camera distance? Like having it swapping to lower LoDs based on meter or unit from camera?

3 Likes

It would be handy I think!

maybe once we have the new scattering system, right now there’s no way to do this within a particle system so there’s no point

1 Like

I want to say thank you to the developer. really its one of the most handy add-on .and ask him if its possible to make blender camera changing LOD according to distance between proxified objects.

1 Like

If particle systems don’t support it Is useless, so until we find a solution for Particles…

1 Like

If i m bot wrong its only work if its a single mesh?
I mean
If i want proxy character or mesh which is in seprate parts
I need to join that first
???