I released the first public version of PSC add-on for Blender 2.8+
Particle Systems Collider - main features:
- Non-destructive collisions without flickering particles
- Self collisions
- Collision by hierarchy and visibility
- Individual or complete collisions
- Collisions with collection
- Collisions by altitude
- Collisions by slope
- Collisions by pointiness
- Gather around particles
- Gather by collection
- Collision visualizers
- Precision control
- Possibility to combine all settings
- Free vertex groups slots
- The emitter doesn’t need a dense mesh
- Emitter must have UV map, ideally not overlapping.
- Mesh changing modifiers must be applied to emitter.
- Non-flatten emitter polygons should be triangulated.
- Pointiness depends on topology.
Planned features for next versions:
- Speed up calculations
- Gather by camera frustum
- Option to link collision settings
- Collisions around particles with feather
- Collisions by watershed
- Improve pointiness
- And more…
If you like this addon, you can support me by buying one of the two versions on Gumroad