Psssst: we have a HUGE Blender contest coming up šŸ¤«

mr-bean-waiting

11 Likes

Patience, grasshopper :slight_smile: Weā€™ll need a few more hours to sort everything out - I think we can launch in the early evening, Amsterdam time.

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s not vague at all! :scream: Itā€™s about 4:40 in the afternoon there now, IMHO ā€œearly eveningā€ starts about 5:30pm. I wonā€™t get into serious refresh-key pounding 'till then, 'kay?

Edited to add: if weā€™re doing this on Amsterdam time, maybe everyone planning to participate should download the latest beta and alpha, just in case.

1 Like

Weā€™re not liable for any damage to your F5 key!

6 Likes

Iā€™m already a step ahead. Iā€™ve removed the default cube from my startup file!

2 Likes

I never delete the Default Cube, itā€™s bad luck. My startup file has it unselectable, viewport/render visibility off, and tucked away in the Equipment Collection, but not deleted. For extra startup speed, thereā€™s a Suzanne in pride-of-place 0-0-0.

4 Likes

6:20pm in Amsterdam ā€“ :: :five: click!::

:tada: :boom: WEā€™RE LIVE! Check it out:

2 Likes

Sweet! Iā€™ve been on the edge of my seat!

2 Likes

While the availability of Blenderā€™s CC0 Splash Screens is a subject near and dear to my heart, I canā€™t use the prizes (caretaking, canā€™t travel). Looking forward to the artworks ā€“ you guys have fun!

7 Likes

arf, same thing for me, good luck to everyone also !

1 Like