Quick Toolbox addon for Blender 2.8+

Thanks for the report, I will look into it and update in next release. However I will send you a quick fix after sometime :blush:.
Iā€™m not at my work place atm.

Hi, I find no error while installing in Blender 2.90.1.
From your screenshot, it looks like your interface is being customized by some addons which removed Blenderā€™s default header VIEW3D_HT_header.
In order to fix this issue from my side, you will need to change some codes in quick_toolbox.py. But this hacky way will remove the toolbox button from the top right corner of all the headers. You can still access the toolbox with SPACEBAR.

• Open quick_toolbox.py in a script editor (Blender text editor will work).
  • Delete line 1273 col.prop(addon_prefs, 'show_toolbox_button')
  • Delete line 1702 col.prop(self, 'show_toolbox_button')
  • Delete line 2364 bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.append(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2365 bpy.types.IMAGE_HT_header.append(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2366 bpy.types.NODE_HT_header.append(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2367 bpy.types.SEQUENCER_HT_header.append(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2391 bpy.types.VIEW3D_HT_header.remove(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2392 bpy.types.IMAGE_HT_header.remove(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2393 bpy.types.NODE_HT_header.remove(bs_header_button)
  • Delete line 2394 bpy.types.SEQUENCER_HT_header.remove(bs_header_button)

I tried what you advised me but it brings me back to another mistake, but you helped me to find the addons that modify the interface. :partying_face:

so I tried to disable it and try to enable Quick Toolbox, it works! :slight_smile: and I reactivated BlenderAtelier_Sculpt afterwards and it worked, I have all the tools at the same time
Thanks you !

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome!!. So happy to hear itā€™s fixed. :blush:

I have released a new update.
Some main changes-

• Users can now hide/show almost all elements in the toolbox
  • This update will allow users to make small and compact toolbox.
  • Users can now enable an option to show all brush settings in the sidebar.
  • The favourites menu has been given some love. Favourites menu can now have multiple columns like toolbox. And also selecting a tool will close the menu instantly.
  • Users can hide the filter letters.
  • And many bug fixes.
    fav
    New Favourites menu.

Different toolbox width in different modes isnā€™t complete yet, and it will take some time. :slight_smile:
Hope you all like the update and I will work to make it better. :slight_smile: :blush:

6 Likes

With over 150+ downloads of Quick Toolbox add-on, I want to thank all of you for your support and helping me to make the add-on better.
Gumroad sales-
sales
Blender market sales-
market sales
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I have two toolbox buttons ?!? If I disable ā€œShow toolbox buttonā€ I have only one. But I really donā€™t want to have one :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. I will see why it occurs.
For now, try deactivating and enabling the add-on againā€¦
If you can reproduce the bug, please reply or message me with the steps to reproduce the bug. That would help me a lot to solve it. :hugs:

EDIT: I have removed the toolbox button completely, and sent the updated addon to you. Check your inbox. :smiley:

In fact I cannot reproduce it. But I had the same thing with another addon before, but I donā€™t know which one anymore. I think it has something to do with activating addons in general. Thanks for the special version anyway. :sunglasses:

A QUICK BUG FIX UPDATE TO QUICK TOOLBOX. NO NEW FEATURES, BUT BUG FIXES.

Changes v1.0.4.1-

• Toolbox now compatible with newer version. It was already compatible but there were some issues.
  • Toolbox button, now removed temporarily as these causes some issues which led to multiple toolbox button at top right corner.
  • And some minor bug fixes.

Note: After updating, be sure to disable and enabled the add-on once for changes to take effect.

1 Like

Ive noticed a bug in 2.91 where the ā€œfavouriteā€ menu ui is bugged and become very wide.

Otherwise, great addon!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the bug.
I will check whatā€™s wrong. :hugs:

2 Likes

Can you please consider possibility to add this panel in future update?

Ya sure, I will see where to place this options. Also I am planning to add some material features to it. Maybe some prebuilt materials and the possibility to add user made materials inside the toolbox for quick material switching and lightning set-up.

2 Likes

If you work on materials would it be possible to add viewport settings too. Like have some color options, metallic, roughness, reset all to default, add random color for selected etc.

You can see it here in Speedflow addon but it was removed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D17gZqRMf2g

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s really nice idea. I will try to add those features. If you have more ideas on material mode of the toolbox, I would love to hear it and will try to implement it. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

A sort of ā€œoverrideā€ one-click that switch to (and from) a ā€œblack silohuetteā€ on a white background?

1 Like

Yup, oneclick button to see silhouettes. Noted!

Hi everyone! So today finally finished the implementation of an Auto-Update feature.
Basically what this does is downloads the newest version as soon as it is available . Meaning you all donā€™t have to download it manually and install it!. :partying_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

There will be an option in settings to toggle Auto-update on and off.

1 Like

Oh and what about uv unwrapping features. I just want to make Quick toolbox a real toolbox with useful features.

1 Like