Quick Toolbox addon for Blender 2.8+

It would be nice!

Actually, for me your addon is must have in both - mesh editing and sculpt modes.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment :blush:. Hopefully the add-on will get better.
I wanted to know what you think about below feature.
So after implementing auto-updating the add-on, do you want the update to take effect instantly or after restarting blender?

1 Like

For me as for a user both ways are nice if the window will remember my settings :slight_smile: . I think if you can implement ā€œinstantā€ plugin update it would be cool, but to restart Blender - this isnā€™t big deal at all and maybe second option is easier to implement.

Yeah, the second option is already implemented and itā€™s working great.
But, after updating from the current version, the settings will not be saved. I will surely implement a feature to retain the settings in the next update. Sorry for that :frowning:

1 Like

Wow, itā€™s cool anyway! Waiting for the update :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, this seems like it will be really useful for brush presets. I am using Blender sculpting packs with 550 presets.

A couple of questions.

• Is it possible to increase the row-height, to allow for bigger brush thumbnails?
  • Could I request that truncated names keep the last 3 characters, like ā€˜Damage_Rusty_012ā€™ becomes shortened to ā€˜Damā€¦012ā€™ ? This is helpful when using sets of presets with the same name.
2 Likes

Thanks so much for trying the add-on.
550 presets wow! Looking at your screenshot, I feel like adding a new pagination feature, pages 1, 2 etc.

Not currently. Although I can increase the row height, the size of the preview remains same.

Yes, I will try to implement it in next update if possible.

2 Likes

Maybe using some sort of subfolder method could be easier?

Taking the above image as an example you would have buttons: Crack, Creatureā€¦etc

Great! That will be a very organized way of accessing the presets.
we can also do close-able containers. We can have multiple containers containing the presets.

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes it is a huge sculpting pack from Gumroad but I love it.

Sorry for interrupting with a newbie quesiton. I just bought this and Iā€™m still quite new to Blender and unsure whatā€™s the advisable approach for making this work. My Space key is bound to playback animation. Iā€™m not sure I want to sacrifice that key, so Iā€™m wondering, whatā€™s a decent alternative? Iā€™m thinking, rebinding the stock Shift Space (Toolbar/wm.toolbar) for Quick Toolbox makes 100% sense, right? Please chime in. Would this be advisable?

1 Like

Yes, Shift+Space is good! You can also use Alt+Space, they are close to each other.

Thanks BMan. Yeah, I consider Alt-Space but would have to unbind Keypirinha (win launcher). Always these sacrifices :slight_smile: (For now, I ended up binding it to left/side thumb button on my mouse.)

While I have you on the phone here: I guess this question/suggestion is not particular for this addon, but Iā€™d very much like to be able to click away or toggle if you will, menus and pie menusā€¦ Is there a way to add in the API for this addon, a bs.hide_toolbox operator or some way to toggle it off by the same shortcut that invoked it? In my opinion, this actually makes a huge usability improvement and itā€™s also fully logic. Same as Tab toggles Edit mode on and off, in a way.

I would really like to implement bs.hide_toolbox operator, but I havenā€™t found a way to implement that.
Making a custom gui like Sculpt Wheel addon, can make it possible to hide and open the toolbox with an operator. Iā€™m looking forward to make custom GUIs in blender.

2 Likes

A project I am currently working. Please share your thoughts and what features you would like to be implemented in the upcoming app. Thank you ^^

1 Like

https://blenderaxom.com
I finally released BlenderAxom. Please try it out and provide feedbacks. Your feedbacks are really appreciated. Also please share it.

2 Likes

Your feedback are really valuable for us. So please provide your feedback about the app here!

1 Like

This is a bit annoying.

1 Like

Sorry for late replies. I was really busy!
Yup, some uiā€™s are not working as intended.

Today I finished implementing custom UI using IMGUI.
I used https://github.com/eliemichel/BlenderImgui and modified it to work as intended for me.
Really happy with the result.

I will use it to make a custom ui for quick toolbox

3 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for the link.
I may use that for my own addons at some point. :face_with_monocle::pray:

1 Like