Real Time Animation - now free

How about email notifications when a new version is released?

That would be a bit too complicated.

hmm, motion sketching with empty doesent seem the best option.Is it not better to make it with grease pencil?I will make much more sense and it will need less mouse clicks!

It doesn’t need to be an empty, it can be any object you want. If you’re animating a box for example, you can sketch out the motion with a copy of that same box. An empty is nice because it represents a point in 3D space, and you can also adjust its motion afterwards.

Thank you! This thing works very well. I am having fun! Yow!

The addon just got open sourced by the way.

Great work,pointatstuff.This is going to save animation time.Thanks for developing this addon.I wanted to ask if it works with the latest version of Blender and if the camera can be animated with this addon? Also,is there anyway,one can download the realtime animation manual pdf.

It works with Blender versions after 2.62. You can animate cameras with it too - the way it works is it checks if an object’s location/rotation/scale keeps changing, it can be any type of object. For the manual pdf, right-click the link and do a “save as”.

Thanks.I locked the camera to view and started recording and it worked!! Its like moving ur camera in real life.Really,thank you for developing this.U are a genius.

Lol, nice comments, glad you like it.

My sincere appreciation for this tool. I will try it out shortly, but wanted to thank you immediately.
Paul

Just tried and works perfectly! Love it! Thanks a lot!

You’re welcome.

look interesting, is that motion trail part of the addon or is that a separate addon?

Nevermind, I found it…

The user interface just got updated. In Blender 2.7, the addon is now in the “Animation” category in the viewport left-side menu.

Hi all, I port this addon to Blender 2.80 hope you enjoy it :wink:
Download it in my github: https://github.com/SavMartin/Real-Time-Animation-Addon-Update-to-2.80/releases/tag/real_time_animation_2_6

13 Likes

Intriguing add-on, hadn’t heard of it yet.

I’m wondering what the advantages are compared to activating the Auto Keying button, starting animation playback and moving an object?

1 Like

I’m no experienced animator but this is easier for me to time multiple animations against each other because it steps through keyframes only as you move.

2 Likes

According to that video at the top of the thread, you can control spacing of key frames while recording. Record other parts or objects at the same speeds. Sketch animations out. Also appears you have some control over rates after recording. You can record something at a faster rate than other objects are moving and then mix it down to the same speed. This looks like a really useful add on to me, just getting into animation.

4 Likes