Redshift is coming!

no, just download the demo, it contains the blender beta. you dont have to buy a license to get it.You have to register to download it. Its weird though because they dont mention it on their download page… But its there.

https://www.redshift3d.com/demo

You install it, then in blender you have to point to the correct folder. Saul has a tutorial on youtube on how to install the blender plugin.

Is it still coming to Blender?

its available now as a early beta. but development has been really slow lately.

It continues to develop with the same intensity as always. Sometimes the speed depends on the complexity of the area in which you are working. Without forgetting that Blender and Redshift are constantly evolving, which makes it difficult to keep up at times.
Cheers…

1 Like

It’s buggy as heck in C4D too!

I guess you dont have any ballpark of when you are aiming to get it out of beta? End of this year ?

try do render caustics with redshift. but doesnt work:

anybody can help me. here are the blendfile: redhift_cautics_test.blend (1.1 MB)

Really? I don’t hear this… but you obviously have good sauce of information.

Anyway
Blender Cycles, Renderman & Redshift Render Comparison - YouTube
Interesting video. Comparing renderers is always tough, but like Cycles show that he is not so weaker in comparison with Renderman or redshift. Although in different scene situation will be different. In general Cycles need more control of light, caustic, volumetric can be added in post.

@dobe review your scale scene objects, and make sure that the light also have the ‘caustics’ enabled.
Cheers…

yes, all options have been activated, but you can see my result… no caustics :face_with_monocle:

Search radius 0.1 is a best size for caustic photons. Also review your max Caustic photons… 200 is a bit low value… An example ( sorry, I are a dev, not artist…)

Cheers…

thx,

it works for me now too

Luxrender

1 Like