Religion really sucks

POP MUSIC SHOULD BE BANNED! ITS AS BAD AS RELIGION!

Darn right!

also, there’s a finite line between a belief and a religion. I believe that Blender is good, but that doesn’t make it a religion (or does it?)…

I believe that the sky is blue, that doesn’t make it a religion either.

Your inner self is your beliefs, a religion is just something that tries to organized these beliefs around a master belief (god).

Now, don’t think that I want you to believe what I believe, I don’t. I merely want to state my point of view (another thing which religions, or the people forming the cults, are being prone to: repress different ideas).

religions are all nice and stuff until the extremists get a hold of them. Like politics (big hello to all the french!).

Martin

Serious? What part of my original post did you consider serious?

I guess its the way of thinking in the blender community, everything except blender is serious…

silly swedes :stuck_out_tongue:

Martin

Ah… finally someone has touched on it. Doubt (I prefer sceptisism) is the only standpoint for the thinking person. Enything less is giving in to retohric and easy answers and giving up on logical thought.

Emotions are also natural and to be expected - that is the basis for spirituality. Don’t confuse spirituality with religion though. Religion is both an institution and more often than not big business.

Warren

Oh! I just came up with another one! Blender sucks!

Wait, now you’re being sacrilegious!

BTW, I only suck… sometimes… you know, when I feel like it :wink:

Oh admit it! You really do suck!

Just when I thought this thread couldn’t get any better… macke - you crack me up… hahahaha

BTW… I only suck for beer money… but I hate beer…

Oh… God sucks, blender sucks, Macke sucks kib, kib sucks me, etc… (those last few only apply if you believe everything you read on EFNET…)

I wonder if EFNET counts as a religion. I believe it exists, is it therefor my religion?

I should think a lot on the allmight beer then!

I should think a lot on the allmight beer then!

Beer? Beer is for girls!
GUINNESS! Guinness is the one true path, all others are false. On your knees you heathen lout, beg forgiveness from the truely true one, GUINNESS!

:wink:

I actually had a Guiness when I was in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. Tasted like water. Much like that water flavour they call beer, Budweiser.

Then again, they might have just watered the beer to get people to buy more. I’ve had Kilkenny, although bottled, and it was great. My favourite so far among the ales.

No! All music should be banned apart from Kraftwerk!

brian

(Kraftwerk fan)

Some music (especially over here) is so monotonous. There is very little good music anymore. All these ‘boy bands’ are just made to make money.

Anyone here like Art of Noise, or Massive Attack?

in wales (NEXT to england) we got jedi to be a religion because on the censos there was a mass conspiricy and a good few thousend people said there religion was jedi :slight_smile:

so if u ban religion u would have to ban starwars noooooooooooo

Actually, the Jedi stuff is all over the UK, isn’t it? My post production instructor told me about that stuff, he semi-lives in manchester.

"forbid religion? omg, at first i thought this was trying to be a serious thread!

ban religion… that’s like banning all free thought and inner belief.

look inside yourself. what do you believe? that is your religion. the very act of believing that you should ban religion is a religion."

With religion I mean believing in one/many supernatural being that rules over the humans in some kind of way. The just… sucks. Now even I´ve become infected! ARGHHH! :stuck_out_tongue:

And BTW, I can´t see how my logic about religion is related to pop-music. Yes it should be banned, but has it caused wars???

Wait a minute! What does this has to do with Blender, macke? :o

HA! GOT YA! You are revealed! All this is some kind of evil conspiracy to make innocent Elysiun-members get more posts! :stuck_out_tongue:

“”""""""""""""""""""
And BTW, I can´t see how my logic about religion is related to pop-music. Yes it should be banned, but has it caused wars???
“”""""""""""""""""""
So… why not ban wars instead then?

Man, why didn´t I think of that… It must be my enormous hatred against religion.

Shit and chocolate is the same thing.

Isn’t it?

About the beer debate:

There is nothing better than real ale. British ale!!

Y’know the in-house kind you get at certain pubs. And that’s only in Britania, mates. Go to hell with you Heinekin, Budweiser, Tuborg whatever…