Resilience Satelle

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of the house, added the lanterns and already put it in the scene. The windows and doors were reused from the previous house. I did not put many decorative ornaments because this house will not be a focal point in animation.
Tomorrow I will start in a new one.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

:warning: Production hat on :warning:

I’ve subscribed as a Steamworks partner and these seem to be the requirements to sell on Steam:

• For each game you want to sell you have to pay 100 USD in advance;
  • After you reach 1000 USD of income they will return to you the 100 USD
    …And that’s pretty much it.

So, all seems good :thinking: apparently no difficult to accomplish requirements… but I’m still reading all the documentation, so I don’t want to trow a party :partying_face: just yet …

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started the base of another house for the village of Moget.
This house will be very simple but I will try to give it a touch that differentiates it from the others. Tomorrow I will make the various types of windows that compose it and will place some missing elements.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Today I’ve been making the contact foam, the foam that is visible when water hits on an obstacle:

I’ve attempted many things that I’ve seen on other places, like dynamic paint and such, but in the end we can’t use all the resources in a thing that it’s barely noticeable.
I’ve ended up figuring out a shader with procedural textures that when animated it just looks real nice:

4 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the modeling of another house for the village. Only the chimney is missing, but I will do it tomorrow.
Today I made some simple but different windows, all made of wood and put an iron ornament on top of the tower of the house (designed by me).
Tomorrow I hope the house is completely finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished another village house. I added a round chimney and all the bars that support the roof, I almost forgot to put them.
Monday I will start a new house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

Hello guys!

I hope you had a good weekend.
Today I started a new house,only it base is made yet. It will be a tower with a porch all around (in wood).
Tomorrow I hope you can do more details.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends,
The forum rules ( 3 consecutive posts ) didn’t allowed for @Rute_Perdiz to write today progress, as such, I’m posting it on her behalf:

"Hello guys!

Today the tower began to take shape !!
I started by placing the door and windows in the right place and then detailed the corners of the tower. The roof was more complicated, I made the top ornament and decided to put a stone detail at the ends to make the tower unique. Tomorrow I will start the porch.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz"

2 Likes

i hope you dont let the silence discourage you, i eagerly check this thread daily for updates. :sunglasses:

yes, theres the “subscribe” button, but i find it much more thrilling to discover for myself :wink:

Hey @Daedalus_MDW, Hehe I feel that you are watching :cowboy_hat_face: there are a few daily views, so we know that people are giving this a look once in a wile.
I’m happy you’re enjoying the progress, this is the main purpose of all this and, if we had more time, we would show and explain much more.

I read every single update as well. Great stuff going on here!

1 Like

Thanks @Meshmonkey! :smiley:

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the modeled tower.
Tomorrow I will start texturing and then start a new object.
Today I put the porch floor, the support and the railing.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Very cool to see this taking shape. Love to see all the updates over time. I found this thread other day and immediately subscribed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @david.speer! Nice to meet you!
Thanks for keeping an eye! Feels great to know that even just basic progress reports are being useful! :slight_smile:

Hello!
Thank you for your attention.
I’m glad to hear that our work pleases people.
Feel free to comment whenever you want :slight_smile:

Hello guys!

Today the tower is finished. I’ve been putting the textures the right way all day.
So, for them not have different sizes, I had to make several attempts and compare with the textures of neighboring houses. In the end, I managed to put in the right size.
Tomorrow I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello Friends!
I’ve been working on the final port of the characters from Blender 2.79 to 2.81.
I had Noam in some screenshots here, but it was just a fast hack from the old files. I’m now getting them ready for entering the scene, so animation work can also start.

As you may have read, the characters were made by me an rigged by Juan Pablo Bouza, the creator of the BlenRig 5. We both worked in Blender 2.79.

Good news:
Everything keeps operational, but I had to fix two things:

Bad news:
My head just exploded :exploding_head: :bomb: :sparkler:wile digging deeper on Juan rig… This is just so mind blowing :astonished: :scream_cat: that I need to record a video to show you guys how ridiculously awesome it works/looks!
I never saw anything so good and so easy to work with in my 18 years of Blender.

I’ll give my best to record it tomorrow after work.
Until then, have a great day

3 Likes

Hey there Friends,
Here is the promised small demo of the Noam Rade rig work ( it has the duration of Sintel and only shows a tiny bit of the rig potential… :thinking: even the Lord of The Rings duration wouldn’t be enough to cover all it features ) :

It has no sound, so please choose your favorite CD (if someone even has one anymore) and relax for a bit :slight_smile: …right now I’m actually listening to Indiana Jones OST :sweat_smile:

Next will be Moget that still is in Blender 2.79
Have a great Sunday!

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Hope you had a good weekend: D
Today I bring you one more house to compose the Moget’s village.
This will be simple but will be enriched with ornaments.
Tomorrow I hope the modeling is already finished.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes