Resilience Satelle

I too loved the anchor! If I was a sea man I would want one of those on top of my roof too :laughing:

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more house to the village.
It still only has the base structure, but I’ve already started detailing the roofs.
Tomorrow I hope to be all modeled.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Yesterday there was a storm happening here and we had to turn off the computers due to consecutive power losses. I took the chance to draw, with our son pencils, a rough sketch for a possible VR arcade cabinet for Resilience Satelle:

My main ideas:

• The cabinet would have 2 seats and 2 VR googles, so a parent could see it simultaniously with her/his child, for example.
  • On the front it has a monitor were instructions would be given to the users, possibly by one of the characters. There is also a table, to which the VR equipment is strapped on. It also contains the coin box and the actual workstations that run the movie inside it.
  • On it back it would have a TV, behind the house windows, that would show the first minutes of the movie, from the users perspective, and then fade to the credits and/or trailer right after. This way the person that inserted the coin would see the complete movie on the VR googles while the rear TV would keep people entertained while waiting for their turn.
  • The price would be of 50 cents by view.
2 Likes

Hello guys!
Today I bring you the completely modeled house.
I started to texturize and tomorrow will be finished.
I put some ornaments so that it would not be too simple along with the other houses.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

:warning: Danger :warning:
Production talk

Hello friends!
I wish to talk with you about my “cave” and will thank you very much if you can spend a bit of your time telling me your thoughts about this topic. I’ve worked a few days on this, but nothing is decided. I just would like to read from you at this point :slight_smile:

I am considering running a Patreon (one of the popular crowd funding websites of these days) campaign. :fearful:

Things that will never change:

• All the development will always be shared here for free, there wont ever be Patreon only posts;
  • The project will continue as usual, you wont notice anything different… only for better.

Besides a discrete link in the top I won’t ever mention this again here (or on any other place), despite Patreon guidelines encourage that practice.

So, why?

• Well, it actually feels an interesting tool, specially for the physical copies, as persons that would join a certain tier would actually be buying them. The same for the Online versions (Vimeo, Steam, etc), persons that would join a lower tier would receive coupons to see it for free. And yet on a lower tier supporters could be credited here and in every single place (Posters, retail boxes, etc.) …I would actually love to have a poster with just the RS logo and everything else full with names.
  • It’s a way to possibly make it faster than 50 years :sweat_smile: Realistically, It could be brought down to 8 months for the VR version + additional 6 months for the RICE, if we both worked on it full time (or at least close of that).

What am I afraid?

• I’m mostly afraid of everyone runs away and we end up being posting here without no one reading.
  • I also made a promise, to my self, to never attempt this ever again because I already did it before, although in a completely wrong way :confused: All ended up good for everyone that helped ( 5 persons ), because it didn’t reach the minimum everyone got the money back… but even so it felt… bad…

I’m now older, I’m not in any rush and things on Patreon feel somehow better… as such here I am like Clark Kent full of doubts. If you could type a few words about this I’ll thank you in advance for every single one :wink:

Thanks for your attention!
Best regards
Rogério

i think crowd funding is a good way to gather a following. adding incentives is a big part of funding levels. the way i see it, if you have any followers, adding a way to support the project will not scare us off, but rather build a cult following if anything.

do you have a project website? i dont remember and im too lazy to check lol.

I’ve never done a Kickstarter, Patreon, or Indiegogo or any of that… So I can’t really speak from the level of someone whom has, I can at least suggest for you to have some solid animation and footage of this project done to get people interested.

And you really need to have a “Hook”. Something to really grab peoples attention. What makes this project so exciting and interesting to you? And show that special aspect of this project to your audience so they understand what this project is and get them invested in it.

Once again, I’m not an expert about this kind of marketing stuff, but I suggest you learn online what makes a successful Patreon, Kickstarter, Etc from those whom have experience… Patreon is less stressful than Kickstarter, but you should still know how to run it the most succesful you can.

Good morning @Daedalus_MDW and @ArtAvenue! Thank you very much for your words!

Daedalus_MDW:
This topic is the project website :smiley: for real! I want to make this as public as possible. If it was in medieval times I would be building everything in the middle of the street hehe Thanks once again!

ArtAvenue:
Everything we have made you have seen it here :slight_smile: we don’t have anything more, what we made we reported it here.
To me is all about living a dream life! This is what I want to do every day (except Sundays). I have 7 stories that I would like to tell/make, so if I actually spend more 40 years on this one ( 3 to 5 more years, realistic speaking ) … I may not have time for the others :sweat_smile: …This was what made me think in speeding up :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Thank you very much!

ok, then you definitely need a website. a place with a gallery or a news pages. links to here for all the updates, link to the crowdfunder, etc. the news page would have major updates, like the completion of a town area, etc.

a webpage is the thing you can post around that points people to the patreon, so you dont have to post the patreon.

lets face it, these forums have gotten very inaccessable with the migration, scrolling and browsing is less optimal, and by default, when you click on the topic, it drops you at the end and makes you manually go back to the top.

Thanks for mentioning that… I had to check on that has I never tough how this forum worked.
I’ve searched for the topic without login-in and on a different browser and it opens on top.
On my work browser it indeed goes to the last post… Hummm :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: … more thinking added to the work list. I would really prefer that his would be the only place featuring all progress.

Hello guys!

Today I finished the last house that makes up the front line of the Moget’s village. So, I will start to “fill” the rest of the space to compose the village and give it a sense of life :slight_smile:
Monday I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

I can relate to the need in speeding up your process as much as possible, I too have several projects I want to work on and also don’t want things to take multiple years for each. :laughing:

None the less, if you set up a patreon, it’s hard to say just how many will donate. After all, as you said this is the main hub of your project. And sadly, this forum isn’t big enough to get that many supporters… You’ll need to spread the word of this project where you can.

1 Like

On the Opel GT days (2008-2009) this forum was huge, it had many many active users.
The WIP thread, (that got lost during the porting to the new forum) had more than 300000 views.
…But now indeed it doesn’t seem to be like that anymore.
I think that most of the users of that time just got old, got a family and such :laughing: … Even I, that although have always been here, only participated mostly at the jobs board too :expressionless:

Thank you very much for your comment! It will help to make a decision. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started another house to compose the Moget’s village.
This will be a kind of tower that will have a porch around it.
Tomorrow I hope to have finished modeling.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I bring you one more finished house and placed on the scene.
This was quick and simple to do because it was just a tower with a small porch around it.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, full of love and joy, and especially surrounded by the family, which is the most important in life. :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

I’ll be back on Thursday with the start of one more object.

I hope you enjoy!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

:christmas_tree: Merry Xmas friends! :christmas_tree: :smiley:

1 Like

Hello guys!

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas :slight_smile:
Today, back at work, I bring you the base of a new house.
I drew inspiration from the Chinese and Japanese pagodas to make this one.
At the moment it only has its base form, but I have already started to develop the roofs.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the almost finished house.
This has been easy because it is a tower and is equal on all sides.
All that remains is to finish the porch and place the stairs.

Hope you like it!
Best regards
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Merry Christmas!
Don’t be afraid of promoting your Patreon, all your forum friends from the good old days are still lurking here and now have jobs to put their money where their mouth is.
Keep up the good work and prepare some good marketing material for the Patreon push to publish on BlenderNation.

1 Like

Hello @Josip_Kladaric!
Thank you very much for your nice words! :slightly_smiling_face:

After the work to have a coerent Patreon campaign, I’ve just today started polishing up the entire topic here, to make it easier to read. I am a bit afraid of the campaign yes :sweat_smile: but I’ll face it :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ll take the chance to make an update on my work:
I’ve recently discovered that, on this forum, we can have multiple images, with custom size thumbnails, using a bit of “advance” code. If you start from up you’ll notice that at least 35% of the comments are already optimized.

The forum has an editing limit, so I’ll continue tomorrow. This will reduce up to 75% of the vertical scrolling that @Daedalus_MDW mentioned. The forum still has much to give, it just seems to hide all of the cool things that we can do with it :thinking:

Thanks once again!
Best regards

2 Likes