Resilience Satelle

Hello @xhenier!
Thanks for your comment! You’re right, it’s a rough animation, but for the real shots I’ll go the extra mile to have it as fluid as Bruce Lee movements! :sweat_smile: This piece, it’s just a test to see if Blender Virtual Reality animation is a thing possible right now, it’s not related with the story. It’s like driving a Rally car on the parking lot :smile:

Spanish (from google translate):
¡Gracias por tu comentario! Tienes razón, es una animación aproximada, ¡pero para las tomas reales haré un esfuerzo adicional para tenerla tan fluida como los movimientos de Bruce Lee! Esta pieza, es solo una prueba para ver si la animación de Realidad Virtual de Blender es posible en este momento, no está relacionada con la historia. Es como conducir un auto Rally en el estacionamiento.

Hello guys!

Today I bring you the modeled house.
I added some details to the exterior so it wouldn’t be so empty.
I also placed a trident ornament on top of the roof to make it more original.
Tomorrow I will start to texture.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of the house.
I leave some screens of the details :slight_smile:
Today I already started the draft version of the next house, but tomorrow I will post.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started another house.
I have already detailed the roof area and started to install the windows and doors.
It will be very simple and I hope Monday is already over.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys are having great times!

On today show:
I’ve improved the clif textures, so that when the camera is very close there is now fine details/granularity (you may have to see these maximized to note the difference):

I’ve also added some white spots to match the ones on the rocks texture, disguising a bit more the transition… and all of this without changing the previous look when seen from far away:

I’ve also improved the roof tile textures a bit :slight_smile:

@Rute_Perdiz has almost finished modeling the house in the previous post by now, but progress report may only arrive tomorrow.

Until next time!

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another finished house. I’ve made a small balcony to be able to fill that space that was between the wooden walkway and the house, to make it more welcoming.
Today I will make the draft for another house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished modeling another house, which completes the area next to the cave.
Tomorrow I will start to texture.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another finished house. So, the whole area on the side of the cave was filled.
Tomorrow I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

…And I’ve been improving more textures to look more detailed at close :slight_smile: … a bit more of variation too here and there.

Again this is mostly unnoticeable, but if you see them in full screen it raises the chances :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started a different and much more complicated house.
It will be a shipyard, and after several searches my draft was like this :slight_smile:
It was difficult because of putting measures that were consistent with reality, but I think I’m going in the right direction.
This is not going to be easy eheheh

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Hope the digital waves are providing you guys a good web surfing day! :smiley:
:thinking: Hummm! Not sure if that made any sence, but anyway… :smile: On today show:

I’ve been following a volumetric cloud tutorial for Eevee. CG Cookie made an excellent video were he teaches an easy way to have volumetric clouds on Eevee.
From all the shaders I’ve tried so far, this one is the simplest to set up, but still giving good results. This was what I’ve achieved:

Besides that I’ve animated the Balloons :smiley: Now they are no longer stationary on the sky but travel by it. The animation was made with a path follow curve and “Limit Rotation” constraint so that the balloons are always up.

Until Monday! Have a great Sunday!
Rogério

Edit:
Ho! I’ll try to animate everything at 48 FPS, this because it’s a bit more fluid than 30 FPS and saves a few frames compared with the 60FPS maximum of VR movies… But I’m not sure yet! I may have to revert to 30 FPS (which is not that bad anyway).

1 Like

why is the fps a concern on a rendered output? doesnt matter how long the scene takes to render, the main concern is number of frames? even a render fps of 1fps is crazy fast compared to cycles.

none of this is realtime rendered?

Hello @Daedalus_MDW! Thanks for your question!
There are several concerns regarding Frames Per Second (FPS) even on a offline rendering.
Allow me to explain, sorry for the testament :sweat_smile: :

1st problem is the viewport playback:

• Blender 2.8 can play the characters, on any shading mode (without anything more on the 3D view) at about 12 FPS (the very same thing runs at 35 FPS on 2.79). As such, for me to see it the results of what I’m doing I have no other option than render a preview, make the adjustments, render another preview and so on and so on… So, a lot of guess work involved… but 48 is just the double of 24, so the math is simple, I just need to animate everything in doubles of what I’m used to :slight_smile: 30 FPS is actually a more difficult math in this case.

2nd problem is the amount of physical data:

• A single frame needs to have a minimum of 4096 * 4096 pixels at 16 bit color by channel (for HDR support on the new PSVR2 and similar future equipment). Such a frame occupies about 50Mb of space on the hard drive.
  • So, talking about final frames alone, on a 12 minutes short, at 30 fps you’ll end up with 24Gb of space required for the final movie master. At 48 fps it’s close of 35Gb and at 60 fps close of 48 Gb. This in real life is always a lot more because you often make many versions of the same thing and you need to keep fail-safes. You know, like when you have a great idea, but you don’t want to override the previous one because the idea may actually not be a great one at all :slight_smile:
  • More frames, more data that needs to travel between hard drives, memory and CPU/GPU -> more time.

3rd problem is render times:

• Indeed Eevee is blazing fast compared with cycles, but even so, considering the number of models and textures we need to load, our multi-layer rendering approach and the huge resolutions involved it’s still around 4 to 5 minutes each frame (more in shots with a lot of volumetrics).
  • On a single machine, working 24 hours by day, 30 FPS takes 75 days to render; 48 FPS takes 96 days to render; 60 FPS are 120 days a.k.a 4 months :sweat_smile: Orion Tear took 6 months to render at 720*576 so it still feels fast to me :roll_eyes:

4th problem is the end user equipment.

• Not everyone has equipment that can run a 4096 * 4096 pixels video at 60FPS (specially when encoded at 20Mbps or more). My workstation already struggles to keep up the 30 FPS of the Proof of Concept.
  • Imagine that I decide to render everything at 60FPS and then no one can actually play the video. I could probably convert the 60FPS in 30FPS using the editor by just dropping frames… but that will surely result in a less fluid video than one originally rendered at 30FPS :upside_down_face:

Bottom line, the problem ends up always being about time and time always results in more money required. So, 30 FPS saves us much of both things and by the end user perception it probably is the very same thing than 60 FPS.

48 FPS would be a compromise, to leave happy the FPS addicted, for which the simple fact of knowing that a thing “only” runs at 30 FPS is reason enough to don’t try it :slight_smile: Even if makes perceptually no difference at all :laughing:

Edit:
I’ve rust read that the minimum FPS that Oculus store accepts is 23 FPS

He is a neat character!

Hello @Joel_Brown!
Thanks! :smiley: I’m happy that you have liked it!

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another evolution at the shipyard. This one, being too big and containing enough elements to distinguish it, will take some time to finish.
However, the basic shape of one of the buildings is already defined …
Soon I will move to the next building.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I bring you another evolution in one of the buildings of the Shipyard in the Moget’s village.
The basic ornamentation of the building is already done, the details I will place them at the end of everything.
Tomorrow I will move on to the neighbor house.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I finished modeling the bridge that joins the two houses and placed some details.
Tomorrow I hope to finish modeling the neighboring house and then adjust the ramp and other details.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys had a great day!

Today I’ve accidentally rendered a picture with all the objects on :sweat_smile: I didn’t intended to do such thing, but I was getting a lot of warnings and crashes and was problem solving things… when suddenly this appeared on the render buffer (took 5 minutes to render btw):

I had a dozen of images that were loading when rendering, that weren’t in any object. Turned out to be orphan data, unused materials and actual mistakes on 3 materials. It’s all solved now :slight_smile:

My wife has reached the 3 posts limit and as such I’ll be posting here what she wrote:

Hello guys!
Today I bring you the evolution of the second building of the shipyard.
It is almost finished, just a few more details and objects are missing and it will be ready to texture.
Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Until tomorrow!

1 Like

The environment is looking absolutely beautiful! It’s all coming together really well. I wish I had the time and effort to create assets like those! :+1: :sweat_smile:

1 Like