Resilience Satelle

Hello @hum-bee!
Thank you very much for your comment! It’s always a pleasure read from you.
Production hat on :cowboy_hat_face: so I can provide you with accurate statics:

┏━━━━━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━━━━┓
Resilience Satelle completion status:

• Story/script -> 100%
  • Original Soundtrack -> 100%
  • Preview animation / block animation (a.k.a. “Crapymatic”) -> 100%
  • Conceptual paints -> 100%
  • Main characters (modelling, texturing and rigging) -> 100%
  • Secondary characters (NPC’s alike, for bringing the towns to life) -> 0%
  • Overhaul environment 3D modeling/texturing -> 70%
  • Animation of scenery/environment elements (non-character objects) -> 95%
  • Character animation -> 7%
  • Rendering -> 0%
  • Compositing and VFX -> 0%
  • Sound efects / foley -> 0%
  • Graphics for publishing and publicity -> 0%
  • Making Of -> 0%

Overhaul completion -> About 60%

So, we are above half of the way… if my math ain’t too bad :nerd_face:
I take the chance to mention again that there is no hidden progress on this project :slight_smile:
Every single thing we make is being reported here on the same day, by the end of the day.

Best regards
-Rogério-

5 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the simple ornaments of the house. I’ve placed what was missing from the windows and the boards on the walls.
Tomorrow I will do the floors that are missing.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hi there!! Thanks for your words :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update and quick reply.

Wow, you have already done quite some progress.

It’s nice to see how everything is coming together. I am really looking forward to see the remaining 40% :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
hum-bee

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished the texturing of another house for the village.
This was a lot of fun to do.
I will now add some accessories to decorate it.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

4 Likes

just curious, how much thought to the interior layout of houses do you have when modeling?

i would assume only the required interiors have any real thought, but even mental notes to inspire?

1 Like

Hello @Daedalus_MDW! Thanks for your question! :slight_smile:
Some of the houses on Noam town (including Noam’s house) do have a complete interior ( because it may be visible on the shots ).
All the houses in Moget Town don’t have an interior unless is visible from the outside, like the Blacksmith house.

Certain things are always respected. Each house must have:

• Credible dimensions, a door always have 2 meters high and a floor is always about 2,5 to 3 meters high;
  • Top of the doors must match top of the windows;
  • Chimneys can’t be in front of windows or any other not credible position.
  • One or two floors maximum + attic.
  • If necessary an Interior must be possible to add to each house.
  • Windows and doors should be instances as much as possible (to save resources)

So, yes the interiors are considered although only for credibility reasons :slight_smile:
I’ve defined these rules in the beggining and passed them to @Rute_Perdiz that then has complete freedom to design the house as long they keep in the same mood and feeling.

I know what you are thinking!

You’re thinking on how!? How can you possible screw up a material even more!? :laughing:
:thinking: I just can :neutral_face: I’ve been adding even more dirt to the roofs of the Moget Town houses. Pay attention in these 2 houses, for exemple.
They have the exact same material and the exact same textures and even so they look difference :nerd_face:
So what is going on? You may ask…

Vertex Paint and UVmaps in diferent scales :slight_smile:

Then after reading that Eevee has planed Parallax Occlusion Mapping I’ve made a few tests with the current tessellation method, the micro polygon displacement, to see how good the materials would perform in such scenario:

Without and with displacement respectivly:

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
Thought you would fancy to see the current progress from far away :slight_smile:
Have a great weekeend!

Best regards
Rogério

6 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I finished another house for the village. This one I named the witch’s house.
I put some ornaments so that it could be identified, however I did not put too much because this house is not of great focus on the scene.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

…Meanwhile I’m making displacement experiences.
This is the material of the far far away mountains and the geometry of this is just a plane :slight_smile:
The mountains terrain has the mountains in actual geometry, so combined with this texture it should give an very high detailed terrain.

I too added a bit of dirt to the roofs of Moget house:

Best regards
-Rogério-

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I was just improving some details of the existing houses and putting some dirt on the roofs. These days I will perfect some existing objects so that it is possible to see some sign of life in the village.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

3 Likes

Hello guys!

Here I continue to modify some of the existing houses, as well as adding some more elaborate adornments.
As soon as I finish reviewing them all, I will start a new object.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

5 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I just continued to detail what already exists in the village, as I mentioned before.
When I finish I will show you how it was …

I am close to finishing this task, then I will tell you something soon.

Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

I really hope this is going to take 49 years more :heart_eyes:

A bit late,
:notes: Happy Birthday :notes: Resilience Satelle topic :notes:
:birthday: :tada:

Now, is it appropriate to request honorable board administrators to add an auto :heart: feature applied to all Rute’s modeling posts ?

It’s just too exhausting to be amazed each time, knocked on the floor, get on that chair again and push the heart button.

You two rocks ! Keep goin’

2 Likes

:astonished: :star_struck::dolphin:
WOW! :flushed: That is the most positive feedback we had… all time! Never seen nothing like that! :smiley: In 19 years of blending, that is the Ultimate Positive Comment… ever!!!
Thank you co much for such nice words! :slightly_smiling_face: @Rute_Perdiz has left Blender for today, but I’ll transmit your heartwarming comment to her and I’m sure she will also have something to say tomorrow!

1 Like

That’s not me, you two are just awesome :wink:

I hope to see the whole thing for real one day.

:warning: WARNING :warning:

Friends!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: What a Lovely Day!

I have the great pleasure to inform that Resilience Satelle has it very first Patreon!
@Voppag just signed the “The Sponsor” tier and has such he got is credit at the first post under the new “Sponsors” zone, right bellow the “Gallery”, on the final movie credits and In every other publicity paper or image Resilience Satelle may appear.

Now I’m worried, if we got a few more sponsors I may need to change the release date from 49 more years to just 24 months! :smile:

2 Likes

Hello Voppag!

I can’t describe in words how happy your comment left me … it’s for feedbacks like this, that it’s worth continuing to create all these little things every day :slight_smile:
I hope to continue to exceed your expectations. Everything I do, I do with my heart.

Thank you!

Hello guys!

Today I finished adjusting some existing objects and started a new draft for a new house.
It is still very rudimentary, but I already have a way to be able to work.
I was having problems with inspiration but the light went on :stuck_out_tongue: I still don’t know for sure how it will look, I’ll just do it and see how it ends … but it will certainly be wonderful

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz