Resilience Satelle

I had a dream in which someone asks: “rogper what you need?” To which I answer “Seagulls! Lot’s of seagulls!” :rofl:

1 Like

Hello guys!

Today I started a new object.
It is still in draft mode because I was looking at some ways to do it before reaching this one.
Tomorrow I will start detailing

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I continued on the new object.
I lost some time in the area of ​​the stairs, because I had to see the best way to adapt to the terrain.
I also started to detail the tower area, starting with the roof.
Monday I will continue.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I detailed the new house for the village.
I was able to put the doors and windows on the tower and started to detail the house at the top.

Tomorrow I hope to be more advanced.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Hello Friends!
Hope you guys had a nice day!

@Rute_Perdiz writes:

Hello guys!

Today I continued to detail the new house for the village.
I have already composed the house at the top and the porch.
There are still some flaws that I will fix tomorrow.

I hope this week is already over.
Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello guys!

Today I started to texture the new house.
It will be on top of a hill and it will only be the ruins of an old house …
I still need to finish the tower area to be ready.
I will add some elements that may be missing when it is completely textured.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

1 Like

Meanwhile, I’ve added some rocks on the top of the cave, shaped as Auroras:

…Hummm!!! :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
…it probably needs more or none at all :face_with_monocle: Will investigate.

Best regards
-Rogério-

1 Like

Hello friends!
@Rute Perdiz completed the forgotten house and added a few forgotten assets (we are re-using for the sake of GPU memory). This was the old trading and leisure area of the town, but has the population got old, climbing those stairs just got too difficult, so it was abandoned:

I’ve then fused it in the environment (in a fast way, further adjustments may be required):

:thinking: I’m evaluating that the smoke also needs fine tuning… and trees also weren’t made to be this close, will need to improve them a bit.

Until next time!
-Rogério-

5 Likes

OK! Trees enhancing day!
Hello friends! :slight_smile:

So the problem in making trees looking better for mid range shots is that they look worse when seen from far away :slight_smile: And because we only have memory budget for 3 trees and 2 materials this can be tricky.

Let’s see the results:

• These are the new trees:

They have now some transparency on the tips, making them look more detailed. They are now also 3 completely different trees, when before they were mostly look alikes.

…which in the last scenery look like this now:

On Noam town they now are looking like this:

… and obviously still not suitable for close ups:

… With some mist and fog they should be enough for now :sweat_smile:
Best regards
Rogério

4 Likes

Looks great! I love the view from the bridge. It’s a nice shot.

1 Like

Hey @hum-bee! Thanks! :slight_smile:
I agree :slight_smile: I’ve identified a few of these cozy spots around the island.
…Perhaps one day, when I get a more powerful workstation, I can record a walk trough by the island paths. In rendered mode I have a maximum of 3 fps now.

1 Like

Hello friends!

So… one of my plans for this project is sharing all the process of making a thing like this with the aspiring fellow 3D artist/filmmaker. Following that philosophy, wouldn’t feel correct to hide the step backs, so:

• 5 months ago we’ve applied “Resilience Satelle r.i.c.e.” to the Epic Mega Grants.
    Yesterday night I got the results and I regret to inform that it didn’t made the cut! :neutral_face:

In fact I must apology for not having mentioned that I had applied to it in first place, as it’s real production work. It was my mistake, from now on I’ll keep you posted!

In the positive side, I got really happy with Epic! :slightly_smiling_face: They did exactly what they wrote on the grant page and really reported the complete cycle. We’ve got on the e-mail:

• Instant confirmation of submission;
  • Precisely after 3 months, a warning that they would need more time;
  • At 5 months and 5 days the results report.

Due to their professionalism, we do feel well to know that we attempted it and can now move on to other adventures :cowboy_hat_face:

Best regards
Rogério

1 Like

It’s a pity they didn’t choose your project but at least you guys tried. It’s nice that you at least applied sometimes it’s just a matter of luck.

Hope that this does not discourage you to keep on going. I can imagine that it is a bit of a motivational set back. But with all the love you have already put in I am sure people will appreciate your work.

I like the idea of sharing the process. Many people may not be aware of how much work and gets into such an undertaking!

I am looking forward to seeing new updates :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for your words @hum-bee!
We’ve just been completing a job for a client! Tomorrow there should be some progress again :slight_smile:
The only difference is really that this way the deadline keeps being 49 more years, if we had won it would be precisely 1 year.
Thanks once again!
Until tomorrow!

Projeto bem interessante

1 Like

Muito obrigado @Daniel_Brites! :slight_smile: I’m very happy you’re enjoying it!

Hello guys!

First of all, I apologize for the absence, but I had a job to do.
Today I started another house for the village. This will be in the inner parts of the village, so it will be simpler.
I’ve managed to detail the roofs and made the fence.
Tomorrow I will continue!

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I managed to finish modeling the new house.
Now I will start to texture and then I will put some elements to decorate.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

Hello guys!

Today I textured the house and started adding some accessories to decorate it.
Tomorrow will be over.

Hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes

Hello Friends!
I’m writing to share @Rute_Perdiz latest progress and also to announce that we’ve just received a big project that will take around a month to complete. Until then we have to pause Resilience Satelle.
…Do not worry, like Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger would say: “We’ll be Back!
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Hello guys!

Today I finished the lumberjack’s house.
I didn’t put in many accessories because the house is in the innermost part of the village.

I hope you like it!
Best regards,
Rute Perdiz

2 Likes