Reverse perspective rendering

Really, you really managed to run the program on this manjaro. Congratulations! I was building in gentoo and was unsure if it would work anywhere else :slight_smile:

1 Like

It works like a charm. When I selected ‘load the 3.5 settings’ on start it freezed, and never started again. After that I deleted the config folder, started again, set up the settings manually and everything went fine in this way.

1 Like

Добавил эффект наклона на камеру (vertical tilt correct camera). Теперь можно вертикалить кадр.

7 Likes

this is mind blowing !
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work !

The following builds have the latest features blender 4.0 with patch rcam3 for reverse perspective and tilt correct. They can be unstable.

5 Likes

edit: 3.50 alpha build works for me, 4.0 build for some reason does not show me options to scale the reverse rendering/enable it

show me a screenshot of the settings window

1 Like

I’ll also add that the 350 assembly was made for eevee, and the 400 assembly was made only for cycles. You may need to switch the render type from eevee to cycles in order for the reverse perspective setting to appear.

1 Like

I doubted myself for a moment and tried the 4.00 build again (maybe I forgot to change the render), but nope, the option is missing for me still.

i will try to build blender and apply the patch myself for the latest stable version (3.65) but I need to learn how to build it.

probably i will try to build it later, will focus on working on blender for now and just use your 3.5 build just for rendering.

thanks btw for making this patch!

set orthographic camera?

build for blender 410 windows 64-bit

build for blender 410 linux 64-bit

1 Like

yes
but dont worry about me, I will use eeve 3.5 build
the 4.1 build you just uploaded works for me too

1 Like

The code for rcam3/eevee and rcam3/cycles is very different. Essentially these are two different projects, but with the same reverse perspective effect. rcam3/cycles gives a more correct picture in the refraction and reflection of light, as well as shadows. rcam3/eevee certainly works faster, but with ridiculous artifacts.

1 Like

I combined reverse perspective for cycles and eevee in one patch. It is now more of a dynamic perspective rather than just a separate state for perspective, orthogonal projection, or reverse perspective. You can choose any perspective you like and probably confuse the neural networks in determining the image :slight_smile:
rcam4_410_win64.zip cycles+eevee
rcam4_410_linux64.zip cycles+eevee

demo video

5 Likes

impressive! good work

This is incredible! I’m new to Blender so apologies if I’m missing something obvious, but been trying to install the various Linux builds on my M2 Macbook and I can’t for the life of me get it to work. I’ve tried following all the suggestions here (importing as add-on, copying the files directly into my library folders etc.) and it won’t go. It seems to take the add-on (says “module added” along the bottom) but it doesn’t show up in the list of add-ons for me to activate. Sorry again for the rookie questions, and any guidance or instructions you could point me to would be massively appreciated. Thanks again for the amazing work and for sharing!

Welcome :tada:

…there is a reason why the original

does have versions for both Apple Mac variants…
…and i guess the linux version for this special version… just do not work on Mac because of the same reasons ( Apple dropping OpenGL ?? ).

…or i missunderstood something.

I think I get it. I’ve installed Blender for Mac (Apple Silicone) as that’s the only computer I have access to. And I see this add-on has been written for Windows or Linux but not Mac. So I guess it’s not working because I’m trying to install a Linux add-on to Mac Blender. Thanks for your help. Don’t imagine there is a workaround of any kind? I’m dying to try out this perspective camera.

You could use the patch to compile it for yourself… or maybe someone else did and will answer here… :wink:

Aha! Right. I noticed that above, about compiling it myself. Going to have a run at that now! Thanks!