Rigify eye lids

hello i wanna know where did the eye lids bones disapear ? i didnt touche the rig or delete anything but theres no bones going from the eye centre to eyelid
i can tell they are contributing but i cant see them
cause the eye lid behave like they are there

they used to be like that on blender 2.8 i am using blender 3 and the rigify addon had a button that says update rig so i wanna know where can i find any documentation or so

Hi! The eyelid bones are the ones that shape the circle around the main eye bone. They use a “stretch to” modifier on the DEF (deformation) bones to stretch when closing the eyelid with the rigify controllers.

The left and right side of the image, with the red marks, are the root of these bones. When you close the eyelids, these bones deform vertically in order to close the eyelid. Cheers!

yes i know but it used to have these bones now i cant find them i want to change the rotation axis cause the eye i am using isnt spheric that’s why

Look at your bone layers or post a blend if that is not it.

Did you try to unhide the bones in pose/edit mode? Maybe they are hidden.

1 Like

i did it’s not there i guess the updated rig is like that ill send u a screen shot old vs new so u can confirm

yes same layer as old but as i said upgraded the rig so there’s no bones

old one
new one

same layer but not same bones
and the eye lids are my consurn here everything is okay i just need to change the roation axis so they clos the eye following the shape not extending out

Hi, if you apply the upgrade after generating the rigify rig then it would be there, i just tried it.
And i have to agree there isn’t much information about this face upgrade and the benefits of using it.
And thats the reason i never used it yet,
You might be interested in this: https://blenderartists.org/t/found-a-facial-rig-solution-in-blender-eyelids-blink-with-non-linear-shape-keys/1369811

thank u i appreciate
the problem is i didnt know about this problem till i weighted and rigged everything idk how to regenerate the old one but keep the weights
i know there is a way to just regenrate but idk how exactly
ill check the link and see what to do

I have just checked the upgraded face rig and the eyeleads controller dose actually move in a non linear arc way. see the image:

i know it does and i wanna know how to modify the pivot point so i can control the arc instead of it being human i made a stylized eye so idk if i go by shape keys and leave the eyes or try to find a solution as someone sugested me a post i didnt check yet so yea i will see