This add-on adds a nearly ready-to-use Rigify Meta-Rig for Characters made with the MB-Lab add-on.
After the installation you can find the add-on in the MB-Lab tab in the Properties panel.
- create and finalize a character with MB-Lab
- select the Armature (usually “MBlab_sk<long number>”)
- click the button “Add Meta-Rig”
- set legs straight and adjust knee offset in y direction
- Generate Rig (Properties > Data)
to use the weight paint from MB-Lab:
- select the character mesh
- exchange the armature object (Properties > Modifiers)
- click the button “Rename to ‘DEF-*’”
Rigify in Legacy Mode: Manual weight paint for these bones might be necessary:
"DEF-thumb01_L.01", "DEF-index01_L.01", "DEF-middle01_L.01", "DEF-ring01_L.01", "DEF-pinky01_L.01", "DEF-thumb01_R.01", "DEF-index01_R.01", "DEF-middle01_R.01", "DEF-ring01_R.01", "DEF-pinky01_R.01"
backwards bending knees in some poses/animations with pole_vector = 0
A proper layout for different bones (muscle, helper, MCH, etc.) to Rigify layers is a mission feature for now.
support for muscle rigs
fixed: renaming vertex groups for legacy mode
fixed: renaming vertex groups
added Rigify Legacy Mode compatibility
port to blender 2.8 for MB-Lab