Roobol - sketchbook

Now that I’m retired I moved from Cinema4D to Blender, and thus far the experience has been a pleasant surprise. For the moment limiting myself to simple stuff, trying to get a grip on the programme.

Thanks for watching.

26 Likes

A German primary school has made paper models of all the historical buildings in their village which can be downloaded from https://www.grundschule-pretzschendorf.de/Werken/Weihnachtsberg/weihnachtsberg.html

Using them in Blender is actually quite easy and fun to do. Plant is a freebee from Sketchfab (thank you, Izzy).

1 Like

More simple stuff; all materials are procedural.

6 Likes

One of the first scenes I made with Blender, after the obligatory doughnut, that is…

7 Likes

The curve for the basket was made with the contraption in Spirograph

4 Likes

More simple stuff…

5 Likes

I’ve never been a real fan of the series, though.

3 Likes

And even more simple stuff…

8 Likes

4 Likes

I was looking through sketchbooks and this apple stood out. I don’t know if it’s procedural or not but the texture and shape is really nice. The fact that you wrote an entire spirograph to make the curves is kind of amazing. Well done!

1 Like

Blush… thanks for your appreciation (apple was modelled in Blender, all textures are procedural).

Inspired bij the work of Lisette Huizenga (and Mondriaan, obviously).

4 Likes

The curve for the basket was made with a modification of my Ptolemy contraption.

5 Likes

Cinderella’s rollerskates; I’m pretty sure she will make an impact…

9 Likes

Paper station. Plant is a freebee from Sketchfab (thank you, rufusrockwell).

4 Likes

Trying to get used to the new geonodes workflow.

3 Likes

As a kid I made these kind of models from plywood; this goes a bit faster…

4 Likes

Also works quite well for Christmas cards.

5 Likes

After Cinderella’s roller skates, the skate board of her prince (and he too will make an impact).

5 Likes

They didn’t wear helmets with horns, though…

5 Likes