Rooftops [ Tutorial on page 2]

I was thinking in terms of technique as well as location though. There’s a definite parallel between Canalettos technique-(which involved recreating a schematic ‘model’ of a scene from drawings, rather than the ‘paint what you see’ approach) and that of Computer 3d artists.

I’m curious on how you have modeled the tiles. Can you share that with us?

“brilliant” is all I can say!! Great attention to detail, the color of the sky, the clothesline pulley, the tiles.

gr8 stuff!!

Beautiful work. 1 technical point: most of those roofs have a line of tiles along the ridge. I’ve done a quick render to show what I mean. That only stood out for me because I grew up in South Florida, and every other roof is terra cotta tile…Really nice render. I’m glad to see it’s rendered in Blender - I have not cracked the yafray nut yet…http://www.dougturner.net/tileroof.jpg

The thumbnail picture seem more realistic … , more sun lighting …
Is the same image ?
The large picture have some mist … i think some lighting will be better …

It’s very realistic.

MUST MAKE TUTORIAL! Please tell me how you did this!

I like the second one most, u done really a good job.

nunogouveia: I have shared it :slight_smile: The tutorial is on page 2.

3dmedieval: You’re absolutely right about that. I think I did have some there at one point, but for one reason or another ended up taking them off.

Commiecomrade: There is a tutorial for the tiles. Check page 2.

Everyone: Thanks for the comments, and glad you like the render.

Wow i love it!And the noise really gives it the feel :slight_smile:

does it take long to potion each one?

Use a black as well as white version of the dirt map to involve the raymir value, just set raymir to 0 then in the expression map panel set it to impress the raymir value.

Makes me think of sun beaten rooftops - somewere around the mediterranean…

Awesome texture, very cool!