I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:
Just for info as am not sure i wrote it somewhere, the usefull keys are

• F1 -> help
  • ESC -> menu
  • keypad + and - -> time of day
  • SHIFT -> run
  • SPACE -> jump

This app is quite basic as it was my first one :wink:

It’s pretty unfinished as i thied to seduce the local instances to fund the finalization of this project, but i found no way. nobody cared, and then i let it as is and did something else.

Th place of everything except the houses ( the poor wooden houses and the bigger and richer ones ) is as it was in the past:

• the city walls and gates
  • the 2 primary harbours
  • the mills ( though many are missing ) both wind and water
  • the streets and their nowadays and older names
  • the churches
  • the cemetaries
  • the castle
  • the wells and burried fountains
  • the bridges

It’s been a lot to do as i started with blender 2.49 and migrated all to the 2.7-like blender ( for toons and anims ), learnt using unity3D with coding shaders, scripts and making the scene, and also dug in the city archives for doing things as accurate as possible.

All houses, even if they have a medieval look are not at all what they werein the 13th c. Most of them were made of wood and were much more dirty. But as the app was a proof of concept that found no funds, i let them as is…

You’ll note the northern disctricts of the city are totally unpopulated. This is when i stopped the dev.
No doubt those places will stay as no-mans-land for ever :wink:

anyway i’m always glad to see some people discovering it and liking this work that needed about 2500 hours of work :smiley:
If you go in my forum from my website, you’ll see about La Rochelle a friend of mine who made a wonderfull moke-up of the city in 1626, just before the siege.

And also you might try the Knightsbury app. It’s mush more advanced graphics though it’s still on the same unity Kleioscope core. You might like it as it’s more visually accurate. I did this whith a history student. You can read the WIP here: Knightsbury XIV - A Walk Through a Medieval Town (Blender + Unity3d)

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Happy blending !