Saving poses for daz characters using Diffeomorphic/Rigify

So I’m trying to save a pose that I made on a character that I would like to use for another character. Since, I have blender 3.0, I would like to utilise the pose library so that I can eventually have a database of saved poses that I can use to apply to multiple characters through a multitude of projects. I am using daz3d imported genesis 8 character using the diffeomorphic addon which uses rigify to “rig” my characters in blender. Now, I’ve saved my character’s pose in the pose library but when i try to apply the pose to another character (also daz3d imported genesis 8 character) it does NOT apply to the pose. However, i know the pose is saved correctly because when i “reset” the original characters pose and apply the saved pose, it applies the pose correctly. What could possibly be wrong? I mean both character have the same rig and are of the same “type” (genesis 8). the bones are all selected and saved correctly…the application of the pose has the all the bones selected…so what else could be the issue here?

I haven’t started using the Pose Library yet, so I can’t give you a definite answer, but from using the Diff Daz Blender combo my first thought would be character scale (?). Not, that one isn’t or isn’t scaled to (1), but more that the two rigs are of different sizes; just a guess though.

Will it the Pose Library work with the same character that has been imported a second time from DAZ and isn’t an append of the original? Meaning, download the same character that you created the Pose from again from DAZ, and try to apply the pose from the first import to the second, to see if that at least works, as a trouble shooting step.

that was a thought but I ruled it out as I tried to create a pose from the original character in daz then imported to blender and saved the pose, then reseted the original character and tried to apply the saved pose and it didn’t work. right now the only saved pose that has worked is a pose that i created in blender. so now im thinking if saving poses created in daz to be used in blender is not possible.

Try posting in the BA thread I link below; a lot of diff users there.

Click on Daz Importer.