Sci Fi city, now animated

Great city,i specially loved the post fx,like the motion blur and the city lights,that give a touch of photo realism

*****'s

Liked the still picture. Looked very nice. couldnt get the video to run though.

Hi ! Very good animation :slight_smile: Good modeling ! I think may be the move of the camera could be more interesting, that you could play a little more with…

Good luck !!

Nice job. i would say it need a bit more fill light and possibly some more texture detail on some of the buildings maybe add smaller vesicles running around down below to add a bit more life. Looks good though.

Awesome!!! Looks just like Star Wars!!!:eyebrowlift:

Eradicor: Thanks a lot man! Much appreciated. The video is an MPEG4 Quicktime mov file. It works fine here.

dono: Thx. I haven’t yet found the way to have more extravagant camera moves on such short animations without it appearing overly hectic (see pace problem in the dogfight thread I posted today).

Ghost3D: Thx man. Yes, it’s still a tiny bit empty isn’t it.

Jango: Very nice, coming from Jango in person!

Just a suggestion, the doodads on the top of the buildings need more variations and randomness - the shot is too predictable as far as the structures of the buildings is concerned. You can see repetitions in the shot. Also, the lighting does not match your background image where the sun is showing in the shot. The halos from the spot lamps coming from the large building (shooting up into the sky) do not match what you would see that time of the day (environment). These are just my thoughts. Other than that - nice job.

Just a quick heads-up to say IT’S ART, the CG website, had put up a tutorial about the making of this scene and animation. You can find it there: www.itsartmag.com

i`ve picked up the 108th issue of 3dworld today and was pleasantly surprised to see your (a blender created) image in print.
congratulations! :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot man. Was a nice surprise for me too. First image ever in 3Dworld.