Sci Fi corridor

I am actually working on this project again. This time I am positive to get it finished (finally!)
I am currently in the process of creating new assets, as well as updating / improving older ones - (mesh and textures / shaders).
Like this for example:

I added lots of cables and pipes and smaller details and I am not even done with adding cables and pipes…

This here illustrates quite well why I am updating some of the older stuff:

It didn’t reach the level of quality I wanted to archive, but i had to cut some corners in the past because of my hardware. I was constantly paranoid of running out of VRAM because my GPU was shit. That’s not the case anymore.

i started this project with UE4 in mind since I was horrified by the rendertimes when using a pathtracer. This is also no longer the case anymore. While I will keep this project as Unreal Engine 5 project for now, Cycles is now an option I will explore further.
I want lots of detailed volumetric smoke in the scene and even the brand-new UE5 can’t do that.

4 Likes

I finished this machine, I just totally forgot about posting it.
Currently working on some parts that connects it to the ceiling, the walls behind it and some other small stuff.
I think I need more pipes and cables on the ceiling.
Who would have thought that I need more of that…

3 Likes