Screencast keys status tool

I also get three times with other keys and mouse presses.

This comes from the internal event structure.
So, this is one of the limitation of this add-on.
We need to fix Blender itself or implement this add-on as Blender’s feature to solve this issue.

Screencast Keys v3.6 is now released.
In future, I will create the new thread because the original author has already stopped the development.

Updated Features

• Blender 2.93 support about the option “Get Event Aggressively”
  • Added options
    • Specify the displayed line’s thickness
    • Add spaces around the texts
    • Show the backround with the rounded corners
  • Added preferences
    • Enable Screencast Keys automatically when Blender is starting up
  • UI on Sidebar

Other Updates

• Show platform specific keys by default
  • Fix bugs

Sponsor this project

2 Likes

First of all, thanks for making this awesome addon.
I’m curious if you guys have any plans for more customization options. I currently have a piece of hardware called “Razer Tartarus Pro” and I’ve been having a hard time trying to get use to it (pretty much because we are so use to classic keyboard, and it has become too much of a second nature / muscle memory).
This kind of hardware would be much better if in the future instead of having keyboard keys, better use something like mini LED display keys, so they can be customized with icons or other letters to help while training yourself to the new key configurations. That being said, I think this addon could benefit a lot from allowing to add custom images (just like the mouse overlay icon) so we can have a visual representation for problems like the one I’m describing.

Here a screenshot of the customization panel.

Also, do you guys have a Discord channel?
Thanks in advance and keep it up the great work.

As I mentioned earlier, the latest news about Screencast Keys add-on will be posted on new topic after this notification.

Screencast Keys v3.7 is now released.

Change from v3.6

Updated Features

• Blender 3.0/3.1 support about the option “Get Event Aggressively”
  • Added preferences
    • Show mouse with custom images
    • Enable simulated auto saving while Screencast Keys is running

Other Updates

• Enable to turn on the option “Get Event Aggressively” by default even in non-supported Blender version
  • Fix bugs
2 Likes