SculpTkt - a toolkit for sculptors

I completely agree with @Fatesailor: BlobSketch is definitely worth its own dedicated add-on.

I can fully understand how frustrating it is to see that most of Sculpt Toolkit’s tools are being replaced by native Sculpt Mode tools. I don’t see that happening with the BlobSketch concept.

My wishes for BlobSketch would be:

• The principle of easily drawing 2D shapes that are translated to matching 3D shapes (narrow areas = less volume, broad areas = more volume). Looking at your test video this is already working. :+1:

• Easy switching between drawing new shapes on the world axis origin planes, on the 3D cursor position (with view orientation), or on the surface of existing volumes (with options to either only use the starting point or to keep tracking the surface while drawing).

• Easy switching between freehand drawing, straight lines and smoothly curved shapes within the same shape.

• Easy switching between moving / scaling / rotating generated 3D shapes and drawing new 2D shapes.

• Easy creation of mirrored shapes, including options for one or more active mirror axes.

• Options to adjust a drawn 2D shape after the 3D result is generated, preferably in a brush-like fashion like in Sculpt Mode, including Shift to smooth parts of the outline. Maybe some of the many added Grease Pencil tools could be used for this?

To me this would be a very valuable add-on for the quick creation of organic 3D shapes, and I will surely help promoting it, for example by reviewing it for BlenderNation.

Thanks!

1 Like