SculpTkt - a toolkit for sculptors

Sorry guys for not dedicating more time on sculpt toolkit, I would have updated the addon sooner but my time is so messed up at the moment that I am not having time to sit in my computer desk anymore.

Thanks @Metin_Seven for pointing to the answer.

I will officially update SculptTkt as soon as I can, not sure when tho.

2 Likes

Metin thanks a lot! :slightly_smiling_face:

Jeacomā€¦ just for the sake of underlining it: Sculpt toolkit is a very useful add-on and it can be even better. Never think to abandon it! :smiley:

3 Likes

Those days I am testing thoroughly Sculpt Tkt. So I came across an idea: making the 'slash cutā€™s ā€˜polylineā€™ and ā€˜rectangleā€™s corners bevel-able! Thatā€™s to say adding a further control on them as is with increasing the elliptic shapesā€™ segments. I thing that such an enrichment could be a very significant enrichment for the tool. It could add a very powerful means in cases of the use of sculpting for hard surface model prototyping.

Jeacom what do you say? Is it possible to add such a feature?

1 Like

Hi @Jeacom, do you think youā€™ll find the time soon to add the new 2.82 brush settings to the Sculpt Toolkit menu? Right now the brush settings rollout is empty when using the 2.82 beta version.

I know we canā€™t expect support for a not-yet-released Blender version, but 2.82 will be released very soon, and is in an advanced beta stage, so I just thought to already ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. I still love using Sculpt Toolkit.

Hi, @Metin_Seven I want to revamp sculpt toolkit and other addons but right now Iā€™m facing some problems that will delay my plans, life is complicated.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I hope things will work out for you. Good luck.

One more thing for when youā€™re able to work on Sculpt Toolkit: the Smooth function makes use of a modifier combination, so if you use it on an object thatā€™s linked, you get an error, because modifiers canā€™t be applied to linked objects.

A way to work around this would be to automatically break the link. A warning would be in its place in that case.

Looking forward for an updated build for 2.82a Hope all is working out for you.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m back.
I hope.

I think Iā€™m going to remake this addon from ground up for a 3rd time. So much changed in blender since then, and many tools are redundant.

Anyway, I think I figured out a requested feature, It still needs a polishing and optimization but sort of works.

12 Likes

Welcome back, @Jeacom!

Canā€™t wait to have a go at the BlobSketch tool! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Happy to see you again here Jeacom! The new tool looks great! Waiting to try it! :smiley:

1 Like

Jeacom any news?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m also very eager to try the BlobSketch tool!

1 Like

Really, it would be good to have it, even in a very rough stage of its implementation. It could be an essential tool for blocking in sculpture. In fact it gives the opportunity to build, in a flowing-intuitive way, the main forms of a model. Something very important for being able to express immediately the momentā€™s inspiration.

1 Like

@Jeacom, if you think you canā€™t continue the BlobSketch add-onā€™s development for a while to come, Iā€™d know someone whoā€™d like to take over development from you. Just let me know, thanks.

2 Likes

Hi guys, sorry for vanishing again, the covid messed up everything.

I was planing to release blobsketch along sculpt toolkit, but I also want to remake sculpt tookit from ground up thinking forward to 2.83.
But I am noticing that every single important feature of sculpt toolkit prabably will become default in blender so, what to keep, discard, add?

I hate to say it but I have no idea.

1 Like

I was making blobsketch as part of the new rewrite of sculpt toolkit, it was already done but sculpt toolkit ā€œ2.0ā€ was not, because ofā€¦ well you know.

If you guys really want, I can code an standalone addon for blobsketch, but if instead you could help me figure out the feature set for a somewhat future proof sculpt toolkit release I would appreciate.

1 Like

Code a standalone addon for blobsketch Jeacom. It is worth doing. Such a tool could be a very important tool for blocking in sculpting. Now that we have the voxel remeshing too in Blender having such a shape sketching tool would make blocking an process of pure joy. It will be something as creating the rough forms by sketching with a pencil.

Besides, it can be used easily in conjunction with the already existent Sculpt toolkit. It is not something difficult for the user to activate the two add-ons alternatively. So there is no need to wait.

1 Like

I completely agree with @Fatesailor: BlobSketch is definitely worth its own dedicated add-on.

I can fully understand how frustrating it is to see that most of Sculpt Toolkitā€™s tools are being replaced by native Sculpt Mode tools. I donā€™t see that happening with the BlobSketch concept.

My wishes for BlobSketch would be:

• The principle of easily drawing 2D shapes that are translated to matching 3D shapes (narrow areas = less volume, broad areas = more volume). Looking at your test video this is already working. :+1:

• Easy switching between drawing new shapes on the world axis origin planes, on the 3D cursor position (with view orientation), or on the surface of existing volumes (with options to either only use the starting point or to keep tracking the surface while drawing).

• Easy switching between freehand drawing, straight lines and smoothly curved shapes within the same shape.

• Easy switching between moving / scaling / rotating generated 3D shapes and drawing new 2D shapes.

• Easy creation of mirrored shapes, including options for one or more active mirror axes.

• Options to adjust a drawn 2D shape after the 3D result is generated, preferably in a brush-like fashion like in Sculpt Mode, including Shift to smooth parts of the outline. Maybe some of the many added Grease Pencil tools could be used for this?

To me this would be a very valuable add-on for the quick creation of organic 3D shapes, and I will surely help promoting it, for example by reviewing it for BlenderNation.

Thanks!

1 Like

Right then, Iā€™make the first standalone version.
it wilk take a few days to get it fleshed out, maybe a week, but Iā€™ ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Go on Jeacom, it could be an extremely useful tool for sculpting, indeed!

1 Like