Sea Skull (Weekly Artwork: 122)

So I caught Covid! and it is not fun at all! don’t worry guys I am doing well. Anyways, I wanted to go back to an old collection, you all know it and it’s my skull art. wanted to try something new here, like every other skull art before, these are in anyway you want to take them so feel free to share what emotion do you get from this one

Here are some Behind the Scenes:

▼AO Pass:

▼Comparison from Render and Final:

Check out more of my weekly artworks:

My Commissions are open:
https://www.pleysiertom.com/client/request

and give me some love on Instagram:

Check out my Artstation:
https://www.artstation.com/pleysiertom

And as always,
have an awesome day/night

10 Likes

Nice atmosphere. They look slightly too waxy to my taste though. A little less SSS would make it perfect.

3 Likes

thanks!
and yeah, the overload of SSS is mainly the fault of my colour-grading. It would’ve been a bit more polished if I didn’t feel half-dead with covid whilst working on it :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I feel great seething jealousy…that I don’t have a giant poster of this in my room. :rofl::rofl:

Honestly dude, if this is the kind of work you produce while you’re sick, I can’t even begin to imagine what you make when you’re at 100%.

1 Like

I have some of the other skull art I’ve made as posters on my artstation, I really need to update it though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Checked your Artstation stuff out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Man, the skull with pink ooze/goo/whatever made me want donuts or candy or something. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Haha, I actually had a candy and donut themed one in the works but it got pushed back :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Mmmmm…:drooling_face::drooling_face: Looking forward to that, if it gets made.

Do you have different skull models, or do you have just one that you then tweak or modify per render?

1 Like

I have a bunch of skull models, I just commonly choose 1 most of the time

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like