Sepulchre of Cecilia Metella at time of Piranesi

Hi girls and boys!
The reconstruction project of the Piranesian views of the Grand Tour is enriched by view number 6:

“The sepulcher of Cecilia Metella” :classical_building: (1745-1778).

Piranesi, in an inscription at the base of the original panel, describes the view as follows:
"Sepulchre of Cecilia Metella or called Capo di Bove outside the gate of S. Sebastiano on the ancient Via Appia.
With structure so you can add them in a old time (medieval). Ruins of other contemporary fortifications ".

Made in Blender 3.1 - Texturing in Substance - Rendering in Cycles and color correction in Photoshop

Keep following the project because I have some surprises in store for 2023😉!

Read more about the project :point_down:

Follow me on Facebbok: Cristian Boiardi
and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cristian_boiardi/

73 Likes

I believe i didn’t realized the details at the last one… :scream: OMG
You are indeed a CrayzPainter

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart!

I edited the article again because when I entered the code for the thumbnail, it appeared at the top of the article and in the featured gallery you posted it became the very image of the work by cutting out some parts of the original work.

I then modified the article by eliminating the tag html of the thumb and moving the link to the project page at the end (this link had generated a wrong thumbnail).
Can you check if all is ok for the pubblishing on featured gallery for the next week, please?

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Stupendous scene!

1 Like

really beautifull !!!

I wish this were a scene in wich the observer could evolve freely in realtime :wink:

TKS! I’m working there … but keep the secret!
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oo
Me wanna be Beta-Tester !!! :stuck_out_tongue:
What is you RT engine btw ?

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.