🎉 These are the winners of the Best of Blender Artists 2022!

IT’S DONE! You have decided on the Best of Blender Artists 2022 and it is now my honor to present you the ‘winners’ of this year.

Huge congratulations to everyone who ended up in the top 5 of their category. Special congratulations to Jörg Grubmüller @joergsla) who made it into the top 5 of THREE different categories, an amazing achievement.

Everyone who made it to the top 5 will receive a ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ badge in their account (soon, I spent most of my day working on this ranking and it’s time for other things now first :wink:

Just a few notes about the selection process:

• Some works were included in more than one category and ended up in the top 5 in more than one. If this happened, I only kept the highest scoring one and removed it from the other category top 5 to give other artists a chance too.
  • Some works received the same number of votes. To cut the tie, I used the number of likes on the original post to cut the tie.

On a final note, I do realize the category list was not exhaustive and will make sure to improve that next year.

Enjoy, and happy new year! :sparkler:

Category: Characters

Grand winner: Paul Atreides

Congratulations @Nazar_Noschenko1, @tomas.kral, @M3deiros, @joergsla and @ShinMinJeong!

Category: Landscapes

Grand winner: Stranded

Congratulations @Akhil_A_B, @thisisasmu, @WK042, @LazloWoodbine and @GurjasStudios!

Category: Plants

Grand winner: Houseplants study

Congratulations @bureaubruin, @thisisasmu, @ALLO, @Bad_Karma and @Tell!

Category: Intarch

Grand winner: Witch’s study

Congratulations @nonconmer, @Reuf_Novalic, @Reuf_Novalic, @dmen and @sempervirent!

Category: Extarch

Grand winner: Singing Doors No. 1 // Stefan Große Halbuer

Congratulations @poco_rocko, @poco_rocko, @crazypainter, @Morteza.Tahmasbi and @janmorek!

Category: Technology

Grand winner: Sony TC-1100 :vhs:

Congratulations @M8TIR76, @orencloud, @ZKI, @Gebalt3Dee and @Linolafett!

Category: Animals

Grand winner: Coelophysis bauri

Congratulations @Joanna_Kobierska, @Asdius, @Zacxophone, @magicwand and @DeGa!

Category: Vehicles

Grand winner: Galleon ship

Congratulations @Panthalonik, @wanoco4D, @BlackCat_Productions, @claytonsjoerdsma and @Maurof98!

Category: NPR

Grand winner: After Thoughts: NPR study

Congratulations @Xeofrios, @omar_faruq, @srchristoph, @Draise and @Maurof98!

Category: Geometry Nodes

Grand winner: Procedural Abandoned House with Geometry Nodes

Congratulations @sozap, @sozap, @celestialmaze, @Gorgious and @Ivan_Roukin!

Category: VFX

Grand winner: Hanami - the cyberpunk ronin

2nd place: \ chic /

3rd place: Stylized tornado

4th place: Contact
a short animation film i made in blender

Congratulations @Maurof98, @KarimJoseph, @celestialmaze, @Daylirium and @orencloud!

Category: Animation

Grand winner: Fértil - Animated Short Film

Congratulations @FelipeDelRio, @ninjatoaster, @homspau, @joergsla and @joergsla!

80 Likes

Wow, such an honor to win the catagory plants! Thanks everyone who voted for me and congrats to all the other winners! Best wishes for 2023 to all and hopefully I’ll be back soon with new projects.

14 Likes

Congratulations to all! I found it quite difficult to choose in nearly all categories.

And thanks to Bart (and behind the scenes helpers) for organizing!

Very best wishes for 2023 to everybody in this community!

12 Likes

WOW! I can’t believe that i have won too!:heart_eyes:
Thanks to everyone who voted me and congrats to all the other winners. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks Bart and all of you guys behind the scene

8 Likes

(╯▽╰ ) Wow! Thank you all. This made me pumped up to do better next year!

10 Likes

Congrats everyone! This is a great honor for me and a great gift for the New Year. Thanks for support to everybody. Thanks a lot to Bart and the whole BlenderArtists team, you guys are doing the impossible for all of us! I wish you all the best in 2023!

xoxo,
poco

6 Likes

Congratulations everyone :slight_smile:
Best wishes for 2023!

6 Likes

Wooooooowwwwwwwww I’m in the top5 in 3 categories and winner of VFX :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks thanks thanks
Thanks @bartv and thanks so much to everyone who supported me

12 Likes

Thank you all. I’m genuinely shocked. :heart_eyes:
Let’s dive into 2023! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gratz everyone!!! Ispiration!

5 Likes

poggers, congrats to everyone who won and everyone who got nominated :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winners! All the best for 2023!

7 Likes

@Nazar_Noschenko1 is a great artist, I’m glad he won the characters category

6 Likes

Congrats to all winners above. Great work.

7 Likes

That’s a great honor for me, it really means a lot. Wandering in the 3d space, not being sure if what I do makes any kind of sense, it’s a huge push forward!
I’ll sure keep doing strange stuff and flood you guys with it :smiley:

And thanks a lot to the team for spending the time, on new year’s eve, and to contribute to artist’s promotion in one of the most honest and straight forward way I’ve seen. @bartv @josephhansen (those I know best)

10 Likes

Congrats all. Do more in 2023 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats to all the winners! So honored to make it to the top five of plants again this year.

7 Likes

3rd ??? OMG guys thank you so much! It makes my day very happy! Thank you for everything! Thanks @bartv !!

7 Likes

Thanks a lot to everyone and super honored to be alongside some of the artists and artwork that I really liked through this year !
I wish everyone an great new year full of creativity and wonders !

10 Likes