🎉 Get ready for the 'Best of Blender Artists 2023' Awards!

:tada: Get ready for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2023’ Awards!

Hey everyone, once again we’ll celebrate the quality and diversity of our artists community by having a community election of the best artworks! Check out last year’s event to get a sense of what will happen and also make sure you take a look at the winners!

With your help, we’ll pick the top 5 works from the following categories:

• Animals
  • Animation
  • Characters
  • Exterior architecture
  • Geometry Nodes
  • Interior architecture
  • Landscapes and flora
  • NPR
  • Product Design :new:
  • Technology
  • Vehicles (this includes cars, boats, planes, spaceships etc)
  • VFX

How it will work

1. The BA team will create shortlists of 25 artworks for each category, and will post them with a voting form around Christmas.
  2. You have until December 30 to cast your votes.
  3. We will present the top 5 of each category on Blender Artists and BlenderNation on December 31st.

We need your help

We will use tags help us find the right artworks in the #artworks category for our shortlists. So please scan your portfolio and add the following tags to your topics when necessary:

Please finish tagging your artwork by December 22, end of day so we can create our shortlists in time for the election.

64 Likes

As a reminder, here’s how to update tags for your posts

Visit your topic and click the pencil icon next to the title, add your tags to the ‘optional tags’ field and click the save icon.

If you can’t edit your tags, you need to spend some time replying, reading, and liking topics on the forum to elevate your trust level

3 Likes

I’m probably missing something, but I can’t seem to find the “edit” pencil icon on my post. Is it related to activity on the forum ?

Hello @bartv ,
Is it possible for one artwork to have multiple tags?

yes
like the example above

1 Like

Yeah, it’s activity related. I bumped your user level, you should now be able to make the edit.

Yes, that’s ok. But use it wisely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too :wink: No edit pencil

Trying to game the system by adding every possible voting tag to your work won’t work- assuming this is the same as in the past, no single piece of art will be eligible in more than one category

3 Likes

You can boost your activity level by spending some time using the forum, liking, replying, and reading.

1 Like

As I’ve one published project with 2 tags, 1 is on the 2023 Awards list and 1 not
 do you count as one for the “Best of Blender”? Or have I to edit the tags deleting the other one?

The one that is a voting category will qualify you (assuming you made it to the top throughout the year), no need to worry about removing the other one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uh, is it possible to change a tag so that it better fits the categories above? I have one tagged as an environment, but it’s basically a landscape as well.

Do whatever, just note that each work is only eligible for one category, and in your case, your trust level is low enough you’ll need to spend some time replying, liking, and reading to be able to edit your tags :slight_smile:

Hey Bart! Really quick, what we put guns in? They are a big part of the community.

Seems like technology would be the closest fit to me

1 Like

Ok, should add a firearm or weapons segment!

I’m assuming this is for pieces posted in ‘Finished Artwork,’ correct? not, say for instance, sketchbooks or whathaveyou

Finished Projects and Animations , I’m pretty sure, although Bart can confirm or deny that better than me :slight_smile:

1 Like

cuts down greatly on the number of posts for me to tag
 lol :smiley: