🎉 Get ready for the 'Best of Blender Artists 2022' Awards!

Hey everyone, once again we’ll celebrate the quality and diversity of our artists community by having a community election of the best artworks! Check out last year’s event to get a sense of what’ll happen and also make sure you take a look at the winners!

With your help, we’ll pick the top 5 works from the following categories:

• Animals
  • Animation
  • Characters
  • Exterior architecture
  • Geometry Nodes
  • Interior architecture
  • Landscapes and flora
  • NPR
  • Technology
  • Vehicles (this includes cars, boats, planes, spaceships etc)
  • VFX

How it will work

1. The BA team will create shortlists of 25 artworks for each category, and will post them with a voting form around Christmas.
  2. You have until December 30 to cast your votes.
  3. We will present the top 5 of each category on Blender Artists and BlenderNation on December 31st.

We need your help

We will use tags help us find the right artworks in the #artworks category for our shortlists. So please scan your portfolio and add the following tags to your topics when necessary:

Note: We added #animation, #geometry-nodes and #vfx after checking last year’s feedback.

Please finish tagging your artwork by December 22, end of day so we can create our shortlists in time for the election.

41 Likes

How to add hashtags ? . In the body itself ?

No, add them in the post title area:

3 Likes

okie got it :blush:

Bro…didn’t we just do this? How has it been a year already?? Ahhh…time goes way to fast! LOL

4 Likes

That is Great.
I added correct tag.
Best wish.

1 Like

Whoa, it sounds really interesting! Cannot wait to see the best of community!

2 Likes

It’s becoming my favorite month in the year…

3 Likes

What does the NPR tag stand for? :flushed:

“Non photo-realistic”

3 Likes

It’s a (overly broad) catch-all term for non physical/photorealistic rendering, as said, in practice it usually either means a hand painted style or a 2D cel shaded style

5 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ve added the tag to Suzanne’s Sweet (not that I consider it a contender or anything).

1 Like

Awesome! Have you guys considered live streaming the short listing on Twitch/Youtube or at least record a vid? I’m curious how many ppl are helping to judge, what the process is like, and what everyone’s tastes are. I think live streaming would help unveil a lot of this as well as be a fun way to interact with the BA team. :smile:

1 Like

We’re all in radically different time zones, so this would be near impossible to coordinate. I think it could be fun but I don’t think it’s logistically probable :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s no judging - we’ll prepare a shortlist and the community will cast their votes for each category:

How it will work

1. The BA team will create shortlists of 25 artworks for each category, and will post them with a voting form around Christmas.
  2. You have until December 30 to cast your votes.
  3. We will present the top 5 of each category on Blender Artists and BlenderNation on December 31st.
4 Likes

WOW, super. How I love this community. Thanks for your hard work :star_struck:

1 Like

Looking forward to the vote!!!

1 Like

Add the default cube, it is surely the best thing ever made.

1 Like

There’ve been a couple cube challenges this year, but I’m guessing you don’t mean this one (a few entries to that are also posted on BA, like this one, and here’s mine ). Don’t see a bare Default Cube render in any of the categories this year? There’s still time to post your own – remember to tag! :rofl: