Stranded

A quick environment setup in Blender.
( Buildings are assembled with a 3d scanned model of The former Royal Doulton Building by artflech )
background score: From Last of us Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZsIuko37U

144 Likes

Awesome! The level of detail, the architectural choices, the consistency of the scene :heart:
May I ask what you use for generating the vegetation? It looks soooo good.

4 Likes

For trees Most of the time I use Grove3d addon to generate custom trees, sometimes I even use 3dmodels from maxtree. To generate Ivy in this scene I used Blenderesse’s Ivy generator setup and customized it with my own materials and ivy leaf model.

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

wow! amazing work!! congratulations

1 Like

Thank you.

I Gotta ask… how fast does this run in the view port?

Very impressive composition.

2 Likes

I generated ivy using geometry nodes and it was a bit heavy. So viewport was crashing while the visibility was turned on for ivy. apart from that it was running smooth.

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice so thats probably more of a geometry nodes thing than anything else, impressive really, I remember running into lag slow downs when undoing with 3d scanned assets but that was around 2.8 so im sure they are much further along their performance roadmap now.

Looks Great!

1 Like

Fabulous piece of art! But at some places the stone blocks, concrete looks like it’s made of butter. Too smooth breaks.

Wow, Love it. The details are amazing. Fantastic work.

1 Like

Thanks. yeah Building models are not perfect for closeups since those are 3d scanned, But for the final animation it looks decent.

Thank you…

this is gorgeous!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this incredible artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight of the inspiration that led to achieve it.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #landscapes category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like