Snowy creek in central Europe

Winter visions. Walking around the woods in this period got me deeply inspired. A Time-lapse video of the making is included. I appreciate any feedback, as I finished this since a while now but got back on it tweaking some compositing over and over…at a certain point you have to call it done.

Time-lapse of the making :blender_logo_64_png: :arrow_down:

Some more shots on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/d04dY1

Thanks!

78 Likes

Scenes like this remind me of being ‘lost’ in the woods and listening to the peacefulness of the trees. I particularly appreciate the ice build up at the sides and the accents of orangish-yellow in the foliage. I’ve been in environments exactly like this.

1 Like

I love the third one - it`s warm and has most “realism” to it. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks. Yea well the third one has no compositing at all. Even if I was happy just with that, I meant to recreate that misty feeling that some picture i took around the woods have. All the reflection and the fog itself are usually a bit white/blueish cause of the snow and water even if you look at them without a camera. Maybe I exagerated that a bit to emphatize this feeling. Anyway I am probabily going to make some more renders, perhaps playing a little with volumetrics to maybe enhance the realism and also this would save some render time :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for this. nice to know, it is just the feeling I was trying to capture

Wow, this is beautifully done! Mission accomplished :grin:

1 Like

this is impressive…very well done… I like it just as it is no need to remove fog or something sure it will appear more clear but it will miss that magic it has now… very good job indeed. can’t wait to see the time lapse of this!! :astonished: :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. Well for now I just edited the post uploading pics with a little more saturated colors. The difference is subtle but noticeble, is incredible sometimes how one or few small things can change completely an artwork. For the video I am working on it. Trying to find time in between my actual job duties. Will do it! :wink:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :blue_heart:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for that! It is an honor :snowflake: :blender_logo_64_png: :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #plants category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #landscapes category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like