\ chic /

Hello everyone here is my latest personal project.
Integration of Blender-themed 3D CGI patches over a jeans jacket photograph I shot in a studio.
Patches textures generated with Substance Sampler & Painter, Blender for the jacket 3D reconstruction & render. The dust texture placed over the photograph has been generated procedurally in Blender as well.​​​​​​​

The patches graphics are taken from the Blender Interface. I chose not to feature the Blender logo for the patches. This way the jacket will look random to most people and Blender users will notice what is special about it. Would be fun to sew onto a jeans jacket in real life.

Update: Super Mario version

Once the 3D Blender scene and the Substance projects are set up, we can have some fun and test different patches. For example a Super Mario version.
The Super Mario patches designs are from Nintendo artworks, credit goes to the respective artists.

close-ups

comments & critics welcome
| twitter | behance | artstation | youtube | instagram |

107 Likes

Awesome ! That’s really neat and I want these so badly now !!

4 Likes

thank you! your procedural houses are amazing. I was curious when working on this and already did a quick search online to see how much it would cost to have them made. It seems that because of the number of patches and minimum quantity order amounts per patch that it would be quite pricey

Cool ! thanks !

Indeed that’s probably a little investment :smiley:
But Damn, that jacket with the default cube T-shirt and the UV socks !!!
https://store.blender.org/product-category/wear/

Sooo much swagg !!

5 Likes

haha yeah agreed! The UV socks in particular are totally :fire:

3 Likes

I’m going back and forth on getting them… the shipping is a little expensive to my area but they’re so cool :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great work, congrats.

4 Likes

thank you özgür glad you like it!

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Looks neat!
Lovely job…

1 Like

The socks remind me of this: One way to end the Softimage Siggraph user group! - YouTube
:smiley:

2 Likes

Nice idea and the close-up detail looks fantastic!

I think these would sell like hot cakes! Even better than the Softimage underpants.

1 Like

thank you Bart! :tada: have a nice weekend

And thank you all for the kind words, appreciate it!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Very cool and original. :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Where is the 3d Cursor?

3 Likes

@bartv thank you Bart super happy I made it to the featured row! :partying_face:

@Metin_Seven thank you Metin I appreciate that! Always a pleasure to see your work

2 Likes

ah man I totally should have made that one

2 Likes

Really great idea and execution!! Some of us Blender-ers would really like having patches like this haha

3 Likes

Hi, as a fellow Blender user and also as someone who runs a business doing branding of clothing I am gobsmacked at the little touches this images has. The closeup images really highlight how good this is as all the little gaps in stitching, misalignment of stitches, bits of pull through and looping are so realistic. Absolutely top quality. Are those touches a result of using Substance or Photoshop post tricks?

1 Like