Shift

i usually just start out with a plane on the very front of the hood and work around that. I just textured it red and black like this and it looks freaking sweet

just colors, or texture maps?

edit: can I see a wire or mesh?

here it is with textures and the wireframe

Attachments

Oh thats cool!!

Also save it as a .png for super clearness. :wink: but that’s great work! I can’t model cars to good. how did you get the shininess?

for the shininess…
just make a texture of the color you want and scribble a little bit of white over it in gimp. Then, in Blender, go to the UV Image Editor > Image > Realtime Texture Mapping > Reflection. I think It looks decent and you don’t even need GLSL to do it.

what do you mean scribble?

like this…

Attachments

ah, cool. heehee. scribbled. LOL.

I think I will model a really high poly version of this car for the cover of the game.

Here is some more progress on the Veyron. It is currently 532 poly. I just need to model the engine, wheels, and bottom of the car, then it will be done.

Attachments

Wow That looks cool!

Here is a render of the high poly Veyron so far. It’s really hard to model because of all of the seams in the body.

Attachments

Good work on everything so far!

thanks. It kinda sucks how bad the game is running right now. All I have is the car and ground (combined total of 1964 poly) and it is running at 70-90 FPS.
I guess this means I will need to make the landscape flat and low poly

Unfortunately people don’t like totally flat racing games, you can make hills without shooting the polycount through the roof.

Neat! I like it. What kind of landscapes are ypu planning to do?

i dont really know. the track that I modeled is an island, but I’m thinking about making an actual racetrack

Woah, that’s some nice looking car models :slight_smile: I look forward to playing it!

Also, the bugatti veyron looks sweet as! I wish I could model as good as you :frowning: (I am not very good at modelling at all). Keep up the good work!

I haven’t been working on it much lately, but here it is so far.

Attachments

Well, it looks nice, but why not make the game first and then the hi-poly renders after? :wink: