You did a great job with the material. I guess I went down the rabbit hole with my material evolution. I also started with standard values and eyeballing it but as frustration grew I tried to apply real-world values.
The angle-based material is the one I found to work better with plug and play into other scenes.
Since I need to use the silicone in a variety of different conditions, thickness and lighting I realized my hopes for a simple drop and render method was a bit too wishful. However, I found the 4 main values in your material that could easily be adjusted for a variety of silicone types.
The top one is the material you created when imported to a whole new scene that had very different lighting from your original scene.
Then the other two are variations. I circled the nodes that got changed.
I then created a node group for the values that should be changed according to each scene. I found that adding an orange hue to the glossy node gave me that nice color distortion I was looking for in the silicone.
The last image has my variant on the left and yours on the right in the original scene you sent me. In this scene your original material looks still better so as mentioned before with the node group I created this material is a life saver. Thank you.