Simple Asset Manager for Blender 2.8. Works with objects (blend,obj,fbx), materials , particle systems and hdrs.
Did this one due to dealys for internal asset manager for Blender.
Made for simplicity of usage.
None of the mangers I’ve tried was enough for me. Asset flinger was nice, but the idea with previews was much better. Chocofur asset manager is almost perfect, but still, it had its cons: separate spaces for categories, and (i only assume) fixed categories.
- Dynamic, and custom categories: Except of material, and particle this addon will follow your library layout, folders and subfolders.
- With Ctrl+scroll over the categories it is even faster.
- Small and simple UI. Simple, and small to modify code as you like.
- option to batch render all previews.
- If you want to use most recent version use this link SimpleAssetManager
- please consider supporting me and buing it from here: Support.
Install .zip file without unpacking. Choose Library folder with your blends, in the addons settings.
After install you can also mark to render missing previews. It will render material view with eevee of your models, materials, and particle systems in one specific manner. Of course you can always render your own previews as 200x200 .png with the same name as blend file. But remember it can take awhile.
Manager tab is located in Viewport tool panel (shortcut key:
You will see all your folders as categories, and if any folder has additional folders you will see them as subcategory. For simplicity i didn’t add any additinal ones.
For simple usage i made some hacks. So in folder named
materials the addon will only import materials, and if the folder is called
particles, then it will import all the particle systems. All the rest of the folders will import you models. obj, fbx, hdr files will be found automaticly wherever you place them.