Sketchup (SKP) importer

Check the face orientation in Sketchup. the white faces are oriented inward and the texture will be applied on the back-face.

I could maybe teach the importer to handle the case where the front side is the default material and the backside is a textured material be reversing them but in general it is not really a good fix.

Any solution?

Hi, just a question:
Textures and colored materials are being imported correctly from SKP, as well as ‘glass’=transparent materials.
However, even if they appear transparent in Blender-actually they are BSDF node and do not let Lamp light through.
Could it be somehow corrected?

Hi , i discovered this addon few days ago and i’ so surprised that blender community has done something which is “UNAVAILABLE” for commercial package which i bought (Cinema 4D - but prime version). Blender is free and now i have possibilities to use my SKP files in straight way in blender…It’s impossible to use my SKP files in C4D in Prime version because there is NO SKP IMPORTER…in commercial software!!! Well, i want to say big, big thank You - @Juicyfruit!

Hi,

Some new (?) error appeared:

Anybody in subject?

BTW: Would this importer handle new 2016 Sketchup file format ?

cheers,

Hello. When I set Blender to Portuguese, I can just import the camera and displays this message. Share to see the perfect importer? Hugs and successes

Why are some faces hidden in Solidmode but visible in Texturemode ?

See here:

Kind regards
Alain

Hello everyone,

Sketchup (SKP) importer (0.13) crash with latest Blender (blender-2.76-d28431a-win64) from https://builder.blender.org/download/

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D: mp\download\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 324, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “D: mp\download\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\sketchup_importer_init_.py”, line 32, in <module>
from . import sketchup
ImportError: cannot import name ‘sketchup’

Hello everyone,

Sketchup (SKP) importer (0.13) crash with latest Blender (blender-2.76-d28431a-win64) fromhttps://builder.blender.org/download/

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D: mp\download\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 324, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “D: mp\download\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\sketchup_importer_init_.py”, line 32, in <module>
from . import sketchup
ImportError: cannot import name ‘sketchup’

Buildbot switched to python 3.5 I would need to rebuild the addon so it can work with 2.77 and up

wow! no word but AWESOME! it still marks the plugin with a warning triangle. Anyway it seems to work quite fine!

Would you advice some short howto, so one could produce upgraded build?

Juicyfruit - This script is great - worked first time on a fairly complex model. Many many thanks for sharing it. SketchUp 2015 make to Blender 2.76 - Windows 10.

Thanks again.

Richard C

Any idea why some models do not load at all ?

@cekuhnen, i think it could be better if you supply the models to the author

I acutally had the same error as NewVisitor, but it was from accidentally installing the wrong git download which didn’t include the correct ‘sketchup.so’ file. I can’t confirm 2.7, but I have the importer working with the latest build of 2.6b and SU 2015 files. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Though the importer loves doing nothing when trying to import a SketchUp 2016 file :{ Not even an error. Superb script though. Love it!

Hello, i tried the importer, but i got this error:

is it possible to have a 32bit version as well?

SU 2016 version windows x64 compatibel with blender 2.76b https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10491635/sketchup_importer_py3.4_winx64.zip

Diz iz v.good news ! Thank you.

PS. Could be upward compatible also? 2.7+ ?? /daily builds dont work with it, could we also expect some fine tuning ,'cause not all the objects are being imported.

A lot of geometry missed. Sketchup 14/15/16 + Blender 2.76. Any ideas?.. Thanks!