So I just found out I have cancer...

Lol. Yeah, for those of you who saw my last thread, (which BA blocked for fear of getting sued :frowning: ) it turns out the biopsy results were positive. Good news though, I only have Hodgkin’s lymphoma, which is borderline cancer: the “best” kind.

I’m just kinda nervous about the chemo treatment but besides that, life is good. I just wanted to know if any of you know any family members or friends who already went through it and could kinda give me a quick run through what the treatment’s like.

Thanks for everything, I’ll keep you guys posted in this thread.

that sucks bro. keep us updated on this, and i’m glad it’s not, like, cancer of the bone or something.

mj

Wow, good luck with that.Yeah, it’s a good thing it isn’t leukemia or anything like that. Anyway, I hope you get cured, I’ll be praying.

Damn, man…
I’m glad for you that it isn’t as bad as it could’ve been. It was bad enough everyone getting infected with influenza, but now you’ve been diagnosed with cancer… that’s several degrees worse.
I hope the treatment is successful so that you can enjoy life longer than that evil disease allows you to so… here’s a hug from me hug

Good luck, man… My friend just got cancer again… he’s not as lucky as you. He has leukemia :frowning: He’s only been out of the hospital 2 months. I’m guessing that the chemo treatment for leukemia is more extreme then Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, but it’s still no picnic. Every hair on your body will fall off (don’t worry, it’ll grow back). Your white blood cell count will be lowered, so you won’t be able leave the hospital. Over here at my hospital, my friend was allowed 1 week a month back home between chemo treatments. The medicine will make you feel… disoriented. Most of it comes from the morphine (sp?). You might not experience all of this- this is from leukemia chemo, which is more extreme.

I hope everything goes alright for ya… keep in touch with everyone here on BA. I’ll be praying for you.

get well man…

Wow, that’s gotta be incredible difficult news to take… I wish the best of luck with your treatment… hang in there!

Kind regards,
~Delta

Thanks a lot man, I hope your friend is O.K. My chemo isn’t going to be as severe as leukemia. Just tell your friend I’m sure he’ll be fine. Cancer isn’t like it used to be. It’s much easier to treat it now. I just thank God it wasn’t something worse seeing how we have a cancer gene in my family (Mom gets hodgkin’s at my age, same place, then gets breast cancer, then my grampa dies from lung cancer, then my uncle gets “terminal” non-hodgkin’s)

I really hope your friend the best, leukemia can be tough!

That’s incredibly crappy news man. I hope it all works out for you soon.

Don’t really know what to say, I’m truly sorry and will be praying for you.

Im sorry to hear you are ill m8. :frowning:
I hope you get sorted out and are well again asap.
All the best.

As someone who has been through a lot of medical crap (Crohn’s disease) I can safely say that nothing can be said which can make someone who’s truly sick feel better, but I can say that, taking things one day at a time, and looking to the future (the future as in after the bad stuff) can really help. Keep a positive attitude and stand firm… you can make it through.

im sorry to hear this :frowning:
all i can say is get better soon and that ill be praying

Woah, sorry man. Hope all goes well, it’s a good thing you live in an age where we can treat these kinds of things.

I’ll be praying for you.

Wow that must have been really tough to hear. I hope you’re able to live a long, full, happy life and that the cancer doesn’t get you depressed. Best of luck to you FadieZ

well, not sure if this will make you feel any better but my girlfriend’s stepdad is dying of terminal brain cancer. Thank whoever you pray to it’s not that. it’s a cliche, but think positive. It could always be worse.

Hodgekin’s has a very good survival rate, something like +80%. Treatment for it has evolved by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years, because as far as cancer goes, it’s fairly common.

Either way, it’s sucks that you have it, but at least you know what’s wrong with you and your not guessing and stressing anymore. From my experience, know what’s wrong with you, no matter how bad, is infinitely better than not knowing. Stress can kill you too.

Anyway, here’s a toast that you get better:D(where’s the smiley with a beer wtf(no swearing see!))

I’m sorry to hear about your illness, and I wish you all the best.

I had an uncle who had Hodgkin’s lymphoma when he was in his 20’s or 30’s; the treatment was a success, his cancer went into remission, and he went on to have a long and happy life! I don’t know what the treatment is like now, but I know it’s better than it was 50 years ago! (I have another step-uncle who’s had a rough couple years with leukemia, but he’s out of the hospital and doing well now… and he’s in his 70’s!)

Good luck, and I hope you’ll have a speedy recovery.

Sarah

Prayers from here too. Get well soon.