Solutions to common problems

I know how to bevel a Bezier Curve, but how do you alter the shape and make it thinner at the end, also changing geometry along the way? What is the best way? I know I posted other questions as well, I just wait for an answer.

Hello everyone! A new noob here. :yes:

I just downloaded the newest version of Blender a couple of days ago. I have watched some tutorial videos and noticed that mouse properties are entirely different in my Blender, so it is kinda difficult to do anything… I tried to manage properties but still not good enough. I just have a regular mouse, not three-buttoned.

But, the mouse is not my biggest problem at the moment, rendering is. The very first time I tried to render some object it worked well. Then I did something and now it only renders black or white (in Cycles it renders only white in viewport shading). I just clicked this and that and oops… When I delete everything and put a new light and camera it renders normally in Blender Render (but not in Cycles). Now I want to play with Cycles but that rendering thing is bothering me. And I don’t know how to fix it, because I’m completely noob. I searched some information about this but didn’t find any for this kind problem.

So does anybody know how to fix this kind of problem? :eek:

jukka, hello! I’m from Finland as well, swedish speaking finn. You must get a three buttoned mouse if you are going to be serious with Blender.

Manka, ah damn! Gotta buy it then, some day. But it isn’t gonna fix the rendering problem, is it? :smiley:

Jukka, I don’t know about the other problem you mentioned. You must wait for an answer from others…

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2264/problem2c.png

Here is my problem. How can you merge a mirror subsurface model? I want it to be a round piece, not two bars! Please help! This might only be a small problem. I can’t model on without knowing how to fix this problem about merging. The vertices is exactly on the right place…

Again, I fixed the problem on my own. There was a face between the mirror and the model, by deleting the face it merged nicely!

Beneath the “quick Reply” box, click the “Go Advanced” button. On the next screen click the button “Manage Attachments”. This should open up a dialogue box that allows you to upload files.

My solution to this is to use background images for each of the views instead of placing the reference photos on a plane:
Instructions
Press “n” and then scroll down to “Background Images”
Turn them on by clicking the checkmark
Click on “Add Image”
Scroll down a bit and click on “Open Image”
Go to the directory where your image is and select it.
Now the image should appear in all Default views (Right, Top, Front… etc)
Click on the selector beside Axis and choose the view you want your image to appear in.
Scale and place the image, repeat for your other views using different images.
There is a tutorial on how to scale the images properly… The Porsche tutorial on Blender Cookie (http://cgcookie.com/blender/2009/12/05/modeling-a-porsche-911-gt3-rs-part-01-2/)

Have such a woman, she always has a story in the beauty, beauty is not only the colorful fashion and elegant dress, the United States is not only the beautiful black curly hair and sweet static smile, and she has been much Air Max 95 Shoes. That pairs a leisurely filled with her shoe. But she most like those were her call “crystal shoe” follow sandal high. The white high in the colorful ornament to the window, shoe body also is dotted with colorful in transparent window, vamp set a white flowers, sheet is looking at it like appreciate a absolutely beautiful handicraft.Whenever she put on it, she will feel special confidence, she felt she suddenly become special beauty. Because in her heart was always think in heels have very feminine taste, and put on her heels as if in the movie of the year into the Snow White princess, because that is a pair of “crystal shoe” ah, in her in the heart, she always remembered that story- - - “crystal shoe” story. Also because of this reason, her the cupboard few flat with the shoe, only is that the star’s g sports Air Max 2011 Shoes, it was because sometimes to go out to travel for a pair of, or her usual will wear no Air Max 2011 Shoes with flat.Do you know why put on Air Max 95 Shoes be wonderful? The woman in heels because not only will become forceful and beautiful shape, but also improve the appearance of temperament, how much more of her heart in has been put on the “crystal shoe” of the story. She likes to put the slipper, match on the white straight tube trousers, again put on oneself to like that peach “CBA” T-shirt; She also like put on that elegant long white dress, and then put the “crystal sandals”… That kind of beautiful mood lift how beautiful. Perhaps only she knew that those “crystal shoe” beauty’s weight.Sometimes she would look up that pairs a fund of high-heeled Air Max 2011 Shoes, as is enjoying the pieces of baby, as if each pair of Air Max 95 Shoes behind the have a moving story, who knows? Maybe that pairs a leisurely behind the high-heeled Air Max 2011 Shoes was supposed to be a fascinating story.Let the world love beautiful women can wear the high-heeled Air Max 2011 Shoes of you like.

We all eat barbecue. That have baked Free Running Shoes? May you listen to never heard it, maybe you would ask me how I know. Since you mind misgives I will give you a lecture!At half past eight in the morning, I got up and saw dad in the Internet also roast small fire box, but father’s Free Running Shoes how not in? I think: dad is the feet of the study came to light? For a moment to ask dad. Write to work, I came to study in the Internet, I daddy also said to his father: “dad, I want to write my homework.” “Good” the father said. Then dad namely however from the fire box took out Free Running Shoes, I said to his father, “father how do you put the Free Running Shoes in the fire box!” “In small fire box roast hot Free Running Shoes.” Dad said, “you also have a try.” Dad walked, I also follow father placing Free Running Shoes on a small fire box roast hot Free Running Shoes. I side roast hot Free Running Shoes, side to write the homework. Finished writing homework just lunch, when I took out my Free Running Shoes hot shoe put on Free Running Shoes soft under, walks as if be playing up to me. Eat a meal again became the original Free Running Shoes look like, I checked on the net, the original Free Running Shoes in the fire box becomes hot, and Free Running Shoes is under the Free Running Shoes hot glue, natural under will soften.If you do not believe, can try.

I accidentally parented part of the right side of an armature to the left (not enough coffee I guess) but, when I try to clear the parent, nothing happens. If I select the “mis-parented” bone and press Alt+P I don’t get a pop-up menu. If I go into Pose, Parent, Clear and select any of the options, nothing happens. The right toe is still parented to the left heel and I can’t parent it to anything else. Do I need to clear all the parenting on the left to clear the the mis-parented bone?

I’m using Blender 2.62 on Linux

i have an acer corei3 laptop, and i just installed blender for the first time to find that when I try to open the user preferences menu, the window is all black and does not function. this is my first time on this forum, please help!!

Hi. Beginning learn blender. Help please
Any solution to this?

1. Isolate selection without changing view? (Don`t centered object)
  2. Rotate in viewport around cursor
  3. Don`t move, rotate or scale with pressed Alt button (Maya navigation)
  4. How I can rotate in viewport when use circle select tool?
  5. How to apply my viewport(screen) preference to hotkey?
  6. Back to my viewport(screen) preference when opening othe scenes.
  7. Possible to save positions camera and perspective like a softimage or maya bookmarks?
  8. Sorting in outliner by types
  9. Change parameter in multiple objects (on/off Show cone of selected lights)

I’m having the same problem. I do not see a way of loading “the file into a text window”, unless you are referring to loading it into a text editor like notepad. What does “(with the dash button on the window header)” mean?

I’m very confused.

|/|x

EDIT:
Ok, I’ve finally figured out the text window by accidentally clicking on something. Intuitive this application is not until you understand its ruleset. Oh well, the is bound to be a learning curve. :wink:

For those not in the secret club, this application is a window that is carved up into subwindows or frames (sorta like emacs if you know what that is :wink: ) which is a viewport to any number of things, including a Text Editor.

To split a frame, there is at the top right of each frame, a grab corner (three diagonal lines, each one smaller as it get to the corner). Click and drag it left or down. A new frame will be generated. To get rid of a frame, click the same grab corner and drag it right or up. You will see an arrow appear showing which window will be removed and replaced by the adjacent window. You can also remove the left or top adjacent window by dragging right or up and then dragging back left or down and can be seen by the arrow changing direction.

There is also another grab corner in the bottom left of each frame. These do the same as the top right, but using opposite directions. I.e. to create a new frame, click on the bottom left grab corner and drag it right or up.

Hit ESC if you don’t want to remove the frame. Even if you do remove the frame, the data in that window is not lost so don’t panic if you inadvertently remove one.

Play with it to get more comfortable with this.

Now, as I said, frame is a viewport to any number of things. To set the viewport to the Text Editor, click on the button in the bottom left of the frame. Select Text Editor from the resulting dropdown.

Volia! Text Editor viewport achievement achieved! For a more information see here, which of course I found right after typing this. I guess moral is RTFM :eyebrowlift:.

Now to figure out why it won’t run the script. I get this error message on the console:

<i>location:&lt;unknown location&gt;:-1
  File "C:\Users\Adrian\Documents	est.blend\Text", line 2
    print "GL Vendor   ", glGetString(GL_VENDOR)
                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

As I understand it from the manual, Blender comes with a minimal python installation. So, this shouldn’t happen. Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]199930[/ATTACH]
how do i close areas? this is the result of me fighting with this shitty layout. i try to drag the area uipwards, but nothing happens. “join area” doesnt work either… im on 2.64.

I know I started a thread about it, but I didnt post (for some strange reason??) So I repost my question here:

When I press Numpad 0 to get a good view on how something is gonna turn out when I render it everything works fine and I can change the camera angle and such.

However when I am done and want to go back and create more stuff in the “picture” by e.g. pressing numpad 3 I cant go back! The only view that is changed is how I see the camera!

Please help me understand how I can go from camera view back to the “ordinary” view.
I have tried everything and I have googled how to use the camera.

I’ve got a problem where Blender becomes progressively less responsive to viewport manipulations (pan/zoom/rotate). I middle-click in the viewport and it takes longer and longer and more and more clicking to get a response. Eventually Blender will completely crash the machine.

My videocard is an AMD Radeon HD6870.

Blender is 2.65 running on Kubuntu 12.10.

I started with the OpenGl drivers, then switched to Xrender. That helped. I haven’t seen a crash with Xrender, and it takes longer for Blender to become unuseable.

Here’s another question - how do you deselect with border and circle select? I remember alt and ctrl modifying those commands . . . but that was a few versions ago.

You use the middle mouse button to deselect.

I’ve dowloaded Blender 2.66a and it seems there are changes in rotation and setting pivot point?
I’m trying to set pivot point to center of object but Blender3D can’t do this. When i set origin to 3D Cursor it seems fine. But when I try to rotate object it rotates not around 3D cursor, but absolutely wrong. Even when I try to rotate using bounding box - it rotates wrong. Can anyone help me to solve this annoying bug? Because i’m stuck at very beginning and it is very frustrating.
I attach image of bug