Space hdri

I’m making a deep space scene I’ve searched many ways to make a starry sky but they all involve nighttime on a planet. How do I create a deep space hdri I have some space images that I’d love to wrap around and could hide the seam via editing. But when I put them in the stars don’t show and it just doesn’t work right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 Like

By HDRI you mean environment map?

I made a spherical star map from some of my night sky photographs a couple years ago, you could give that a try if you want

3 Likes

Yes but I need it to be spherical. Sorry still learning environments. I’d love to give it a shot. Applying it as an environment tex should put it everywhere right?

Is the pic you attached hig enough resolution or would I need the file

Open in new tab and save. It is a spherical image.

awesome thanks ill let youknow how it goes

a bit late, but as you still can’t find any Space hdri’s thought I should reply here.
the star map helped a lot, thanks!
here are some environment maps I made with it and Gimp:

and

and the low res preview:

12 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing the background

Hi! I was wondering if Zeke_Faust’s spherical sky map was still available anywhere?

is that 360d or 180d?

Thanks man, you helped me a lot!

Great… helps me a lot in creating my imagination in blender through animation… thanks

1 Like

You can watch my animation also, made using these hdr files with earth space craft and moon

1 Like

Fast forward to 2024 and your hdr is still being found by people in need! I’m intending on using it at very least as a placeholder in a free pc game project.

As there’s no license provided, would you please let me know what license you’d like respected for using this and what attribution you’d like if any aside from your BlenderArtists profile?

Thanks very much