.:SPACEBLOB:. (new game)

Presenting…

------------------------------------.:SPACEBLOB:.--------------------------------------

This is a test release of all the current features, and a small example level.
I would appreciate crits on EVERYTHING, from art style to character motion to sound
(i made the background music myself =P)
I’m waiting for your replies :eyebrowlift:

Download link: http://www.cdupload.com/files/60675_jt5fa/SpaceBlob.blend]SpaceBlob.blend

some screens:

:smiley:

Veeeeery nice…
Arte you going to make it a full game with many levels?
If so, can I help?

Dangg, Loving the graphicss

Awesome gameplay! I love the textures and animations too, but unwrap the asteroid properly

Lovely graphics!
this game looks sick! can’t wait for more screenies!

edit (two seconds after last post): wooooaaaaah I saw the download link. Sweet! :smiley: All the screenies I want! xD

edit #2: Wow, that isn’t GLSL?! Amazingness

Looks good visually (some AO baking would help place objects on surfaces)

the controls weren’t bad, some control over jump height would be nice (generally in most platformers the longer you hold down jump the longer you stay in the air, to a limit) also, I feel like space would be a more intuitive jump key (shift is usually a modifier, ofter run/walk)

The biggest issue I had though was having to restart the level after every little mistake- perhaps a health system would be good? falls could still be fatal (or if you want to figure it out, pop you back to where you were last on solid ground a la prince of persia)
I can’t comment on the sound, being in mac (there’s still no sound support in the BGE for macs)

Overall, you’ve got a good game going, keep it up!

Is this a WIP or is it finished?

Veeeeery nice…
Arte you going to make it a full game with many levels?
If so, can I help?

thank you :slight_smile:
yes i plan to, but i dont need any help yet :slight_smile:
but when i get to the serious level design ill probably need some :smiley:

Awesome gameplay! I love the textures and animations too, but unwrap the asteroid properly

lol thank you, but the sphere mapping mode isnt working for me in the bge…
and im too lazy too uv map it at the moment XD

Looks good visually (some AO baking would help place objects on surfaces)

the controls weren’t bad, some control over jump height would be nice (generally in most platformers the longer you hold down jump the longer you stay in the air, to a limit) also, I feel like space would be a more intuitive jump key (shift is usually a modifier, ofter run/walk)

The biggest issue I had though was having to restart the level after every little mistake- perhaps a health system would be good? falls could still be fatal (or if you want to figure it out, pop you back to where you were last on solid ground a la prince of persia)
I can’t comment on the sound, being in mac (there’s still no sound support in the BGE for macs)

Thank you, good idea about the ao, but for now i just strengthened the shadows a bit, you couldn’t really see them. Spacebar IS a more intuitive key, but it gives me issues as a jump button… as for restarting the level after every mistake… good point. I already had a checkpoint system in place but it seems like i may want to increase the frequency of the checkpoints :slight_smile:

Is this a WIP or is it finished?

WIP. And a big one. Is it too much to aim for a complete comprehensive game with 20+ levels, saving and loading, and fun all the way throughout? probably, but heck im going for it anyways :smiley:

Wow!
Very nice game!
I had to play it in multi-texture mode though.(I don’t have glsl:()
So the ball didn’t look pretty. :wink:

Great artwork!

I like what you did with the blob animations, it looks awesome! For some reason I could not jump, but either way you have a nice demo here. I hope you continue working on this, I like where its going. I’ll be watching… lurking in the shadows…

But dont let that scare you = )

Left shift is the jump button, in case anyone needs to know.:wink:

This isn’t a GLSL game Minifig!

Then why was glsl enabled in the file that I downloaded, and the ball didn’t look the same in multi-texture or texface mode?

Um … dunno. when I got it, it wasn’t GLSL :S

This looks amazing…

btw. Floating Rocks/asteriods? very nice touch

Great Game!
Thanks!
Look at this game here “De Blob”:
http://binnenstad.hku.nl/
this is also a Blob Game and its free!
maybe good for Inspiration and new ideas!

I love your game! It is so addicting I could play it for hours!

I think the problem has to do with my laptop keyboard. When I use a USB keyboard it works fine…

Strange…

Oh btw, I gave this thread 5 stars as well. LsBlend deserves it :stuck_out_tongue:

After I hit the checkpoint, is that the end so far?
Just wanting to make sure I’m not missing something else amazing. :wink:

I can’t even get to the end… It’s too hard :slight_smile: lol