Speed Racer A Whole New World 2 (WIP)

Updated (SR AWNW 2 - Itch.io Page)

Quick Old Screen !!!

RELAX GUYS THERE’S NO BETA UPLOADED YET, I’LL MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SOON AS ITS READY FOR PUBLIC PLAY !!!

Fred/K.S

Quick Tease !!! (Comeback)

Stay Tuned Guy’s more comin up in the upcoming days !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

!!! AUGUST 22nd Site-Update !!!

HERE!

For folks who dont believe me: (Here’s proof that this is runtime on my laptop)

https://kineknet-studios.wixsite.com/kineknet-studios

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

Is the game going to be rendered with EEVEE rendering engine (?)
Also is Split-Screen Multiplayer done with Joysticks or only Keyboard & Mouse (?)

1 Like

this car plz

or this ?

French F-40 !

england can still make cars

1 Like

im working on an EEVEE showcase gameplay video, if u check the code in the 1st screenshot wallpaper it should tell you when it’ll drop !!!
(However i plan on remastering the Full BETA Demo in UPBGE (Normal) i use version 2.0 of UPBGE)

Perhaps some of the untold truths of the game is why has it been taking so long for any showcases well because i want to get everything done neatly and not showcase messy work.

so far here’s a quick showcase of my standard 2015 physics vs Drift events physics !!!
THE UNTOLD TRUTH’S FROM 2015 !!! (Purly BGE FOOTAGE !!!)
GRIP CAR HANDLING - Locked Suspension Compression !!!

PART 2 - GRIPPY Physics (This is the best for fast paced gameplay and AI challenges)

PART 3 - DRIFTING PhysX

HOWEVER THE NEW FOOTAGE IS ON ITS WAY GUYS !!!

(UPBGE-EEVEE Official Gameplay Footage Currently in the works in Progress!)

Fred/K.S

will add this collection of cars progressively via BETA monthly updates soon as BETA Drops!
(It takes abt a month or 2 to get fully detailed car asset models done so yeah but i’ll do em buddy, thanks @blenderaptor:sunglasses::+1:

This time iam refining all previous old mechanics i have to i have no choice otherwise Gamer rage is going to hit me really hard for making my car handling clumsy :sweat_smile::+1:

Fred/K.S

Joysticks will be supported but yeah definitely Keyboard and mouse are default input !!
(Multiplayer splitscreen will support joysticks , in my old footage videos from previous years ie 2017 Gameplays those were on keyboard so yeah, but definitely joysticks will be featured especially since TBW helped inspire me due to the Game 3 Core system i’ll simply integrate joystick support in the splitscreen multiplayer.

Fred/K.S

hello,

it’s probably not final, but may i suggest you to remake the direction system in something more continuous ? For the moment, it’s like you can only bump right, bump left and go straight. Using moving average to simulate momentum and smaller counter force in your direction ?

1 Like

i wonder what you mean by saying more continuous? :thinking:

Fred/K.S

BTW Guy’s i appologize for the poor video quality especially for the drifting physX, its just Discord’s 8MB Standards i had to compress those videos to fit on my discord server for showcases so i simply posted the links here !!!

So those videos Expose SR AWNW 2’s current mechanics for racing im tryina build a proper physics system that will be less arcady and more simulation like Forza Motosport Series !!!
(Most Gamer’s like that Arcady feel vibe from NFS Most Wanted/ Forza Horizon Series i already have those but i need to balance out them so far lots of glitches if you play hardcore !!!)

@Daedalus_MDW so far the only really good vehicle system currently made in BGE is only in Game 3 so far that i know and congrats to you buddy cuz those mechanics never glitch when playing rough or hardcore like hardcore gamers do, so im trying to make my mechanics friendly to most players playstyles…
(Currently the system is good if you want to drive peacefully or nicely without Hardcore GAMER rage of fast paced gameplay)

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

You made an excellent work here Fred. Always a good time to see your footages.

To respond above : you have to imagine that the driver is not a robot terminator (0/1) but more like a man handing his direction wheel … with 2 elastics. I know you could do it yourself easily, but for exemple you could set a min rot (-5°) and max rot (+5°) when you push on left arrow on the keyboard, you += 0.1° (each frame button is pushed - so no tap) .But to make it more smooth, you can use a simple smooth by keeping a buffer of 5 last positions : next rotation = (mean of 5 last rotation position) + current rotation. As a result, your car will not react too fast to your keyboard commands and it will give to your car a weight in its behaviour (doesnt react too sharp).

1 Like

Hi @Fred_K.S

Will there be an OPTION to choose 1 or 2 JOYSTICKS.
Or is Player_1 / Player_2 stuck on only KEYBOARD & MOUSE.

Thx in advance.

1 Like

I thought you had Discord NITRO (hence) how you have profile links on Discord. :thinking:
Free Discord = 5mb space.
Nitro Discord = 50mb

1 Like

i see what yr talking abt there @blenderaptor thanks so much will make the noticeable change in the next update…

Fred/K.S

Hey there @RPaladin looks like all default settings for the controls will be P1 = Keyboard and P2 = Joystick i think it’ll be optional for player 2 to choose between controller and keyboard , it’ll kinda take more development time if i have to create 2 tweakable settings for both players to feature controller support and the mappings could take while making since SR AWNW 2 Doesn’t use Game 3 Core system…

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Nope dont have Discord Nitro Yet lol…

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Hi @Fred_K.S

You do know that DIFFERENT JOYSTICKS have different inputs right (?) :thinking:
I’m talking about XBOX + PLAYSTATION + Logitech game controllers.
Not to mention Wii_Remotes + Nintendo_Switch controllers. :grin:

1 Like

Sorry didn’t mean to pry in your private life. :wink:
Just was surprised & also suggesting Nitro to help your problem.

1 Like

Yess iam very much aware abt that thanks!

Fred/K.S

1 Like