Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

Speedflow do this for you :wink:

https://9gag.com/gag/a5n3Rxohttp://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/tubify_2D_002.gif

• Select the edges
  • Tubify
  • R to go in Poly mode
  • Z to choose the profile
  • Go in 2D mode

Can you post the room so people can try what you are doing? Thanks pitiwazou.

Would be cool, if tubify performed on mesh edge would do bevel (the edit mode vertex bevel - ‘ctrl+shift+b’ - so that we could work around ugly corners this way). The amount of vert bevel segments, and bevel size would have to new parameters
http://prntscr.com/hhfg85

Good idea, we will think about that :wink:

The room.

Thanks pitiwazou.

I did mine all in 3d. No apply transforms. Apply transforms made my baseboard molding out of scale. After selecting the profile, and scaling the baseboard, I just choose the baseboard molding with the mouse, pressed mirror, pressed z, applied an empty and I was done. Does this sound right. Why did apply transforms do what it did?

it was to keep the curve at the same place after clicking on 2D.
Because the pivot of the curve is the pivot of the mesh and the 2D place the curve to his origin.

But this is what I get when I apply transforms. I probably needed the cursor to selected and origen to cursor.I did not need to click on 2d.

Attachments

@bkjernisted Don’t know why you have this issue honnesly, works fine for me.

Speedflow V2 Beta 03 online !

Added the 2D option for tubify, the remove profile and taper, only bevel for the bevel modal that allow to do this kind of things.

Edit : found a bug on the tubify delete profile, will fix this tomorrow.

A little video to show you the different workflows between Subdiv modelling and No-subdiv modelling.Destructive or not, depending of what you want :wink:

pitiwazou, did you update speedflow since post 330? Thanks

Not yet, I’m still working on it.
Will update soon.

Such a great suite of tools! Really loving working with booleans this way and the way the bevel modifier functions is awesomely similar to the double turbosmooth workflow and the chamfer modifers in 3DS Max.

One small suggestion for the Companion - it’d be cool if there was a setting in the add-on options to be able to set the default Auto Smooth angle without having to open up the actual script file to set it. I always prefer it to be around ~30 :slight_smile:

Ok, will add it to the next update :wink:

The addons are online!

Hi, I downloaded and installed the latest beta from gumroad and speedflow companion doesn’t seem to work now, I just get a blank circle now, it worked for a little bit but disappeared when restarting blender. Also, what happened to the vertex bool that was on the companion menu? It was awesome, but is not there anymore. Overall, I love your add-ons, they save so much time!

Hi,

Can you show me the console to see the issue ?

Vertex bool was removed, I’m working on something different and better.
http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/autobool_006.gif

Here is the console window.

Hi pitiwazou
Awesome update!
I have some questions if you don’t mind
Unfortunately I have some issues working with Speedflow and companion
So if you don’t mind i’ll separate this issues by several posts
- Tubify

1. For some reason I haven’t ability to Select Profile.
    When i press Z to select profile, I am just clicking but nothing happen
    So i can run it only if i select profile, than path and then run Speedflow menu.
  2. For some reason when I am switching to 2d mode, custom origin (I pace it into corner) reset to center of mass
    - Symmetrize
    For some reason i can’t change axis. Pressing X,Y or Z do not change mod. In the same time in Mirror mode this option working fine
    What do you think, why it’s happening?
    Thank you!
  • one note according to symmetrize,
    just defined that this depend on selected language in Windows (work only with EN).
    In the same time in mirror mode selected language don’t affect this

@ronin19587 try a daily build of blender to test please.

@Legofon

1 - It’s a known bug, it’s on the todo list
For now, you can select your profile, then your curve and launche the tubify.

2 - Can you show us a video to see the issue?

The addon is made for English yes because modifiers are named differently and will give errors.
Same for the node editor, so we stick to English.