Speedflow [$] - Modeling Addon

Thank you for quick reply pitiwazou

Sure
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bMzWmxpTq8CTd7t67ize-cjO3aFWtwYh
(For some reason direct gif upload failed)

So it means there is no cence to wait this fix, correct? ))

I misread for the 2!
In fact, if you do it manually, you have the same issue, it’s blender who flat the line to the origin.

The video was for your symmetrize issue ^^
Think to apply transform for the symmetrize :wink:

Well, I don’t know why, but if i switch from 3d to 2d manually, the origin of profile stay on the same place

Ok ok, sorry it was intentional, I added it to the code.

When you create a curve from an object the origin of the curve is the same as the object and when you change to 2D, the profile is moved to this origin.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/tubify_2D.gif

On my test it doesn’t change the origin of the profile, will investigate.

Ok Thank you!! pitiwazou
Glad that we finally understood each other))
Sorry for such a lot annoying spam questions from me))
But I really hope that helps a bit to you to make speedflow better!
So if you don’t mind here are another questions:

1. I am working with tablet only for sculpting and with mouse when modeling (Not very extraordinary workflow))). And option “Emulate 3 button mouse” always switched on
    In this case in Companion I can’t back to Solid Display mode. And in general ALT stop working for Speedflow and Companion((

2. Here more like suggestion for your cool addon.
    I love your idea with information block which allows keep all information in the viewport.
    So i think blender is not very friendly for entering accuracy data. I mean this:

It is very hard to control what exactly you type

So what do you think, maybe it is possible to create separate block for Extrude and Grab operation, which will represents in real time entering values?

Thank you!

Hi,

1 - We use Shift, Ctrl or Alt to add other options to buttons, we cannot add other keys than these ones, so it doesn’t work with the emulate 3 boutons.
We have the Use Normal button to the code but, not sure I will keep it, that adds a lot of duplicate code to make it.

2 - Not sure it’s possible, will look

Got it.
Anyway thank you for the good job ! :smiley:

We updated Speedflow for No-Subdiv workflow to make it as smooth and automatic as possible!
You don’t need to clean your mesh, the addon do it for you :wink:

The addon is updated on Gumroad and the Market.
Have fun!

Great script by the way!

I do have one question though. I am having a problem getting the Pie menus to work together (Speedflow Companion and RMB Pie).
When I change the key mapping for one, it changes the other. How can I make the key commands separate for each one?

I downloaded and tried out the new beta from Gumroad; upon trying to tubify a set of vertices it gives me an error, both in edit and object mode. Rotate and Array don’t seem to work either.

You will have to give us more information than it doesn’t work :wink:

Just tested both and it’s ok for me.
http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/test_tubify.gif

What does the console say?

Also, I updated speedflow and companion on Gumroad and the market.

That’s odd! I reverted back to the older addon and it works fine. I selected an edge of a cube, separated it into a new object, went to object mode and clicked Tubify, only to get an error. Did the same with the older version and it works great. I’m not sure what to say/do.

Show us the console to see the error message like I said.

I’ll remember to do just that tomorrow. Should I copy the contents of the console or take a screenshot of it?

A screenshot should be enough :wink:

Sorry for the day’s delay. I remembered but I had a lot of things to do. I tried to see if the error was in the Python Console but I didn’t see anything appear. So instead I took a screenshot of the error message that popped up instead. I hope this suffices.

Remove the line in the code.

Okay so after a few minutes or so of trying to find an appropriate application to do this I found the tubify.py file and tried to remove line 647, only to find I don’t have sufficient privileges to save the change made. This could be because the file was accessed through a ZIP but whatever the case may be I think I’ll stick to the current version I have now.

So I tried the daily build and had the same issue. Although after messing around a bit more, I realized that the companion menu doesn’t come up if the object doesn’t have a material on it. Is this intentional? Or is it a bug I am experiencing?