Stadium Chair

This project was a spinoff from my Stadium asset i have been working on for months now. I wanted to use this asset to learn more about UV unwrap, seams, creases, sharps and more about subdiv and quad workflow.

the initial plan was to texture in blender itself. But this became the best entry project for Substance Painter, which i always wanted to learn. Plus i also needed to use my first pen tablet.

so this is entirely textured on Substance. I plan to upload this on sites like CGTrader etc to sell as a standalone asset. I will be providing Color, Metal,Rough, Normal [DX and OGL] and AO and Height maps.

All criticisms and advice will be appreciated.

Some closeups.

all the screws are just cylinders with screw head alphas projected painted

Given the prices i saw for similar stuff on the sites, is 10 USD a fair price to ask for all the maps in 2K and the model in FBX and OBJ?

3 Likes

Yes I think it is a fair price. You might consider doing a quad wire-frame view instead of triangulated (easy way is a view-port eevee render in edit mode showing the edges), there is a general obsession with quad topology in the asset world.
Looks lovely.

i just used the wireframe node.

any way to just the quad view with just shading?

View menu - view-port render image will render an image (eevee only) of whatever you see in the view-port with the resolution you have set in the output properties.

You can turn off the overlays you do not want (floor, axis’s, origins etc). Do not turn all the overlays off as it would turn off the wire-frame.
It will render exactly what you see in the view port.

1 Like

There are other methods that can be more pleasing, this one looks really nice (a bit more work):